Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping discount based on qty ordered AND

Hi all,

I am trying to figure this out: how to charge a discounted shipping rate based on quanity ordered and have that shipping rate chanrged for each item ordered.

So, if they order 6 itmes, the shipping rate is redcued to $2.95 (instead of $3.95) per itme. Basically, the cleint wants the customer to be charged a $2.95 shipping charge for eacgh item, but still wants to give the discounted rate based on quanity.

I did install the table rate for shiping, so the discounted amount is showing, but it just charges the rate once, and not per item.

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

tracie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping discount based on qty ordered AND

I hate to reply to my own post, but after re-reading it, I don't think I explained it very well.

Using the rate table for shipping, I have been able to allow for shipping discounts based on quanity ordered.
    I've also been able to allow for price discount based on quanity as well. So this is working great.

But in addition to that, I still need the shipping charge to be applied to each itme ordered. So even if they reduced shipping rate works out to be $2.95, I need it to be $2.95 per calendar and not just a flat $2.95, etc..)

I though that perhaps if I enabled the per item mod in addition to the table rate that this would solve the problem, but it only creates an additional shipping method at checkout that I do not want.

I will provide the url for the store, but please keep in mind that this is my fisrt time using zen cart, or any cart for the matter, and I do have some issues going on, (like the warning at the top that I haven't gotten to yet).

http://www.beyondboobsinc.com/store

(It's a breast cancer support group - not a risque site )

thanks again for reading.

Tracie