Thread: Help via ICQ

Plugin Contributions

Default Help via ICQ

I think it would be helpful if we had a few people here that know there stuff about Zen Cart to make their Icq available for help questions.

Not major complex questions... Just basic stuff

Me for example I have some questions that could be easily answered opposed to sifting through help threads..

So with that said if there is somebody out there that wouldnt mind helping me via Icq please add me.. my Icq number is 42496195

Thanks !!!

this thread was made 12-6-07

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help via ICQ

... or you could just post those same questions here ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    ... or you could just post those same questions here ...
    okay that'll work too

Heres my cart... I own a flower shop

http://pismobeachweddingfaire.com/cart/

What I want to change is .. I want to bring the New Products Box up(New products for december). And put it where all the the text is that tells about the Zen Cart manual...

also Im probably going to have to edit all that text that talks about the zen manual.

I have more questions but for now It would be great if I could just accomplish this.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dcd2008 View Post
    I think it would be helpful if we had a few people here that know there stuff about Zen Cart to make their Icq available for help questions.

Not major complex questions... Just basic stuff

Me for example I have some questions that could be easily answered opposed to sifting through help threads..

So with that said if there is somebody out there that wouldnt mind helping me via Icq please add me.. my Icq number is 42496195

Thanks !!!

this thread was made 12-6-07
    Are you going to pay us for sitting around and giving support then? ^^

All people here need to make a living as well, we can only help when we are free. That's is the purpose of this forum: you post question here, someone who is free and can help may help you.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

If you delete those text, the box will be brought up.

BTW, you may want to change your domain name. Too long, your customers wont remember.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dcd2008 View Post
    also Im probably going to have to edit all that text that talks about the zen manual.
    If you take a look at the text immediately below the Zen Cart manual information, you'll see that it talks about where/how to edit that content.

Namely from your Admin, under Tools->Define Pages Editor->define_main_page.php

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Are you going to pay us for sitting around and giving support then? ^^

All people here need to make a living as well, we can only help when we are free. That's is the purpose of this forum: you post question here, someone who is free and can help may help you.
    Id donate for something like that I really would. Yes this forum has a purpose I wont argue that with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    If you delete those text, the box will be brought up.

BTW, you may want to change your domain name. Too long, your customers wont remember.
    My actual domain is fivecitiesflorist.com the reason why im using pismobeachweddingfaire.com is because I have available mysql databases whereas I dont with Fivecitiesflorist.com. The webhost for fivecitiesflorist.com has control over my databases. With pismobeachweddingfaire.com at least I have ten available. But yeah I see what you're saying it is rather long.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you take a look at the text immediately below the Zen Cart manual information, you'll see that it talks about where/how to edit that content.

Namely from your Admin, under Tools->Define Pages Editor->define_main_page.php
    Okay I see now , thanks Drbyte and everyone else for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

By the way, I'm not sure if you're using v1.3.8 ... it was just released last week.
    If you started out with the prior version, you might want to start fresh with the new version before you get too far along in your customization ... just to simplify things and to benefit from the 11 months of bugfixes included in the 1.3.8 release.

Plugin Contributions

Another question...

How do I rename everything in this box?

I know I can edit the pages they link to with define pages editor

Is this the path for editing this box?

---> /languages/english/html_includes/classic/

And yeah Dr Byte I went ahead and updated to the newer version before I started making major changes. Thanks for mentioning that.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions