Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Error: The following From address failed:

well it is a critical component b/c i dont plan on moving my site to a "live" b/c it is live now running where it is... and it runs great lol just no emails....

so is there anyway to get email to work where it is running now?

EDIT: oh yes forgot to mention... now when i hosted a gaming clan site from same computer using phpBB forums.... it was able to send emails like when a user signed up and stuff...so i think port is open i have been trying to differentiate between how the phpbb sends email and zencart... but i just cant pin point the problem... so i hope that helps some... i mean i know it is possible.... im just lost how....
    Last edited by ertonemad; 7 Apr 2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: ADDED INFO

Plugin Contributions

Hello i get the " Email Error: The following From address failed:" message daily on 2 different sites. It happens one of of my sites everytime i update the order from pending to processing on the status.

then i have to go back and the order says processing in the drop down but didn't record anythigg to the db. So then i have to choose pending from the drop down and hit update then choose processing from the drop down and hit update again and it works.

At first i thought it was just a weird error but it happens every day on every order.

It was buggy for me but i was willing to put up with it but the main reason i'm writing is i get 1-2 orders a day that are being charged twice but only showing up in the admin once.

When contacting the customers the say they got the " Email Error: The following From address failed:" and clicked back and tried again and it worked. So then i have to refund their card.

This has really been my only bug so far with zen cart and i'm not counting out the fact that it could be my settings or godaddy email hosting.

I tried my transport method to php but never got the email. Then tried smtp but got an error. So i tried smptauth and i get the emails so it must be some weird glitch somewhere.

here are my email setting from my admin.
    E-Mail Transport Method smtpauth Info
    E-Mail Linefeeds LF
    Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails false Info
    Send E-Mails true Info
    Email Archiving Active? false Info
    E-Mail Friendly-Errors false Info
    Email Address (Displayed to Contact you) [email protected] Info
    Email Address (sent FROM) [email protected] Info
    Emails must send from known domain? Yes Info
    Email Admin Format? TEXT Info
    Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Create Account Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Create Account Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Tell a Friend Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Tell a Friend Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Admin GV Mail Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Customer Admin GV Mail Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Admin Discount Coupon Mail Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Customer Admin Discount Coupon Mail Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Admin Orders Status Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Admin Orders Status Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Notice of Pending Reviews Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Notice of Pending Reviews Emails To [email protected] Info
    Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List Admin<[email protected]> Info
    Allow Guest To Tell A Friend false Info
    Contact Us - Show Store Name and Address 0 Info
    Send Low Stock Emails 0 Info
    Send Low Stock Emails To [email protected] Info
    Display "Newsletter Unsubscribe" Link? true Info
    Audience-Select Count Display true Info
    SMTP Email Account Mailbox [email protected] Info
    SMTP Email Account Password ******** Info
    SMTP Email Mail Host smtpout.secureserver.net Info
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port 80 Info
    Convert currencies for Text emails &pound;,£:&euro;,€ Info

Any help would be so great. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joshscott31 View Post
    i get the " Email Error: The following From address failed:" message
    If the "From" address is being rejected, then you need to talk to whoever runs your mailserver and ask them why.
    In the meantime maybe you might try changing the "sent from" email address in your Email Options screen ... to an address that's not rejected.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Dr.Byte. The from address works most of the time. It just fails every once in awhile. See i can click back and try to process an order and it goes through the 2nd time. It's almost like it's taking to long and the fails??? Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those are all good pieces of information to mention when you ask your hosting company about the problems you're having.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I just changed the stmp to PHP and that seemed to do the trick. Maybe it's not the right way, but it's the only thing that has worked as my domain email runs off of my personal email's stmp server that requires authenication (sp)

Hope this helps someone!
    OG

Plugin Contributions

I too am getting an error when I try to send an email ERROR: Failed sending email to: "name of recipient" with subject: "test" SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: [email protected]. I have read all these threads and have checked my settings aginst them and still nothing. Can anyone help? Please

Plugin Contributions

Hi Everyone,

not sure if this thread is old, but being searching and searching and having same headache and heartache for the past 2 - 3 days.

Searched and searched the forum but found no real answers, even here in this thread didn't really find any answers and just kinda of stumbled on it by accident.

Yes, out of pure luck and pure chance our emails are 'NOW" working, we'll have to do a complete test of all emails and notification settings to see if they are all working, but we can send an email from our admin panel and here is how.

This only works for paid email hosting not for the yahoo or hotmail accounts as far as we know, we not sure becuase we don't have them but we were getting the 'from address failed' error message.

Finally, we set the settings to
    Delivery Method: SMTP
    From Reconized domain: Yes
    SMTP Server: localhost
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port 25

And it worked - the other settings you can play around with, if yo uwant to to put MIME to true, send HTML or text. We will do all this, but at the moment it works.

We are gonna test it more see if any bugs in other senarios, but we got it to work.

Not sure if the above helps, but hope it might, or at least give you some ideas and you might stumble upon the right settings for you.

DON'T GIVE UP, it will work - YOU CAN DO IT - U just gotta keep trying to get the right combination.

Good Luck . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12