Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default configure.php warnings in my 1.3.8 install

I just installed the latest version of ZC 1.3.8a, after installing the ZC and when I opened the front side of the cart I got two security warning, one was about deleting the installation folder, the other is about setting the right user permissions on this file configure.php (read- only, CHMOD 644 or 444 are typical) which should exist in home/includes/configure.php ! This file normally exists within older versions of ZC, but for some reason it's not included to this version of ZC. any clue ?
    Last edited by alhakeem2001; 14 Dec 2009 at 12:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No configure.php by ZC 1.3.8a !!!

Do you have an includes/dist-configure.php file?

From the docs/1.readme_installation.html:
    Two files need to be created on the server. These are the configure.php files that identify the settings of your particular server and the location of the files that you just loaded. After they have been created, you will then need to change the permissions on these files.

NOTE: Changing permissions can be done via your FTP program with the chmod feature. Usually clicking right on a directory or filename will open a menu with this option (perhaps under "Properties")

On the server locate the file: /catalog/includes/dist-configure.php
    Rename this file to configure.php and change the permissions to 777 (read-write-execute for all)

Next, on the server locate the file: /catalog/admin/includes/dist-configure.php
    Rename this file to configure.php and change the permissions to 777 (read-write-execute for all)
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: configure.php warnings in my 1.3.8 install

Thank you for your help, I did what asked me to do and then I came to this page: http://www.arab-broker.com/orientalmeal/
    What should I do now? I already completed the installation, why it says you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure?

Plugin Contributions

Is this a brand new install w/brand new database?

Since the dist-configure.php files weren't renamed and write permissions set
    before you ran the install, I'd run the zc_install again. Be sure you have also
    renamed and set write permissions on the admin/includes/dist-configure.php file.

(fingers crossed)
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

OK I fixed it , but why in the documentation it says : On the server locate the file: /catalog/includes/dist-configure.php

while at the top of the page it says that permission should be 644 or 444 ?

Do I need to change the permissions on the following directories to 777 (read/write/execute). and is it 777 or 644-444?

/catalog/cache
    /catalog/images
    /catalog/includes/languages/english/html_includes
    /catalog/media
    /catalog/pub
    /catalog/admin/backups
    /catalog/admin/images/graphs

Plugin Contributions

Okay..now you should change the permissions on your configure.php files back to 644 or 444 so they are no longer writeable, and rename or delete the zc_install folder.

I usually follow the docs/important_site_security_recommendations.html for
    permission level on the other folders/files.

Looks like one or more of the files for your homepage is corrupt.
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alhakeem2001 View Post
    why in the documentation it says : On the server locate the file: /catalog/includes/dist-configure.php

while at the top of the page it says that permission should be 644 or 444 ?
    Um ... "installation" instructions tell you what you need to do for "installation".
    Then, at the end of the installation instructions, you are *also* told to make the files read-only ... such as 644 or 444. The same instructions are on the last page of the installer.

After installation is done, you need to set a different permission level ... just as the documentation says. The warning on the top of the screen is just telling you that you've not yet done the last step related to permissions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well, probably I didn't explain it clearly, The installation went very good for the ZC 1.3.8a, but as I started to create my own override template following instructions within the existing documentation and as soon as I uploaded my files to the server and from the admin side I set the new template to be a default, I got a page saying something like “ Hello welcome to zen-cart, you seem that you didn’t completed your installation yet, please click on the zc_install to complete the installation “ then I had to upload the zc_install folder once again to the server as I already deleted that folder from the earlier installation . So what’s going wrong now? I don’t want to have this again when I re-set my template again!

Plugin Contributions

Now, why my override template looks like that :

http://www.arab-broker.com/orientalmeal/

Plugin Contributions

I started to create my own override template following instructions within the existing documentation

If that is true, the documentation would have also explained that when you change Themes, you must go to: Admin > Tools > Layout Boxes Controller and use the "reset" button at page bottom.

Did you do that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast