Plugin Contributions

Default Please help - Getting These Error Messages

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm not sure how to fix these or what they mean. I have a Hostgator account. I had to switch my primary domain from thisdomain.com to thisnewdomain.com. thisnewdomain.com was an add-on domain to my primary account originally and had zen cart installed on it. So, I FTP'd the zen cart on thisnewdomain.com to my desktop. Hostgator switched thisnewdomain.com to my primary domain (so I could add an SSL to it) and then I uploaded the zen cart back to thisnewdomain.com and I am getting these errors when I try to log into my admin panel:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/admin/includes/classes/logger.php:105) in /home/rodhood/public_html/fthfightgear/shop-fth/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/admin/includes/classes/logger.php:105) in /home/rodhood/public_html/fthfightgear/shop-fth/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/admin/includes/classes/logger.php:105) in /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/admin/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/admin/includes/classes/logger.php:105) in /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 43

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And these errors when I go to my shopping cart page (above the header):

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/includes/extra_datafiles/music_type_database_names.php:60) in /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 214

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/includes/extra_datafiles/music_type_database_names.php:60) in /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 214

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/includes/extra_datafiles/music_type_database_names.php:60) in /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 152

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please help - Getting These Error Messages

Quote Originally Posted by mkmcgrath23 View Post
    Warning: ... headers already sent by (output started at /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/admin/includes/classes/logger.php:105)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: ... headers already sent by (output started at /home/rodhood/public_html/shop-fth/includes/extra_datafiles/music_type_database_names.php:60)
    Your FTP program has probably converted all your files to double-spaced ... meaning that those two files now have extra blank-lines at the end of them, which are causing your scripts to get confused.

At the very least you'll need to edit those two files and remove the blank line from the end. FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

It's probably wise to also fix your files so they're no longer double-spaced. Otherwise you end up with headaches. A couple tools are discussed here for this: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76474 Sometimes it's FTP settings that cause it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please help - Getting These Error Messages

Thank you for this information. I will try this and see if it works.

Thanks again for the help.

Mike