Plugin Contributions

Default Cart suddenly stopped processesing Auth Net transactions

As of yesterday (December 12th) after almost two years of error free use, one of my clients Zen carts stopped communicating with Authorize.net AIM. When a customer gets to the check out and submits their card it simply says unable to process order and doesn't give an error code. I've contacted Auth net and they say then need the error code but I can't find where in Zen this information is stored and can't move forward until I can identify the problem error message.

The only CLUE I have to this sudden problem is the server recently updated cpanel and the curl libraries etc. After the update, the cart no longer works.

Someone please help! This is not a good time for a customers shopping cart to take a total dive!

Mark

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cart suddenly stopped processesing Auth Net transactions

What version of Zen Cart?
    (the version will help determine what kind of debugging options may be available)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This isn't a Zen Cart Problem - What did the host change during the upgrade? Check the CURL connection.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Please upload the unzipped curltest.php script from this link, and post the URL to it here.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...522#post408522

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte,

It's me, Mark Hamlton the same guy who reported the state input not working. I know the cart isn't the most recent. It's version 1.3.5 but why would it SUDDENLY be an issue when it has worked prefectly all this time.

Thanks,
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by internetoutfitter View Post
    I know the cart isn't the most recent. It's version 1.3.5 but why would it SUDDENLY be an issue when it has worked prefectly all this time.
    If the hosting company has changed something related to communicating with outside services, that would explain the "sudden" failure.

Hence the request for the curltest script link

Plugin Contributions

Default Here is the curltest.php

WOW! You guys are FAST. Thank you and bless you. I have two customers with Zen carts and am about to add another. Here is the file in the public_html of the cart in question:

www.rv-accessory-store.com/curltest.php

I really appreciate the help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay ... so testing it to talk to authorize.net, using this link, shows the cause of the problem:
    http://www.rv-accessory-store.com/cu....php?authnet=1

Code:
    1 libcurl was built with SSL disabled, https: not supported!
    You need to tell your host to recompile CURL with SSL ... into PHP.

Plugin Contributions

Default Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I'm sure you guys know the feeling when something like this happens. I just want to say a special THANK YOU for the hyper speed help you provided. This is better than most paid support systems I've run into over the last 15 years as a web developer. THANK YOU SO MUCH! You Rock!

Now, if you can refer me to someone who is actually good at updating Zen Carts that I can hire to update carts or to at least walk me (phone support) through my first update (for pay of course), I'd really appreciate it.

I have two that need to be updated and while I now understand the template override system so my next cart install will be flawless (grin), I only semi understood it when I installed these carts and frankly, because I've never updated one of these beasties, I'm scared to death.

But since Dr. Byte keeps asking me about the version (grin) I'm starting to feel guilty of Zen neglect!

Thanks guys, you are the Greatist and you just saved my you know what.

Mark Hamilton