Plugin Contributions

Default Windows host that will run Zen Cart ?

Anybody know a good host that will host in Windows (and thereby allow me to use the ASP.net tools for other aspects of a site I create), but will also run PHP so Zen cart will work?

I use Godaddy, and unfortunately the two will not meet with them. I have to have a Linux hosting to run the cart, which limits me a bit because I'm not as familiar with coding outside of ASP.net.
    Chris

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Windows host that will run Zen Cart ?

**cricket, cricket**

Wow you could meditate in this thread, it is so quiet.

Certainly somebody must have an idea on this.

Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's probably quiet because the preferred platform is Linux.

However, that said, Zen Cart *will* run on Windows and Linux hosts.
    Windows has some security limitations, but should still run Zen Cart fine.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

... as long as the windows server has php and MYSQL.

Your problem isn't Windoze vs Linux it is the host.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I'm running ZC on my own colocated Windows Server 2003 box and it's working great so far. Not sure of your situation but I found a local company that only charges me $100/month for unlimited bandwidth. Might look into colocating if you're set on running Windows.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what "colocated" means. I'm just looking for shared hosting right now.

I know that the issue isn't windows per se. That why this thread was asking for a host specifically.

Can somebody just mention a few host names they may know of that actually do offer windows but also php and mysql at the same time?

There are obviously people around who have found hosts that meet these specifications, or else why have this forum? They can't all be running their own servers.

Chris

Plugin Contributions

This section of the forum was added mainly for those folks that were installing on their PC to test or develop.

Linux is the recommend server OS.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

you can run ZC just fine on windows server. But shared hosting usualy = slow speed (search around the forum for 1and1, dreamhost, GoDaddy. You may want to reconsider your plan

Quote Originally Posted by innovafire View Post
    Not sure what "colocated" means. I'm just looking for shared hosting right now.

I know that the issue isn't windows per se. That why this thread was asking for a host specifically.

Can somebody just mention a few host names they may know of that actually do offer windows but also php and mysql at the same time?

There are obviously people around who have found hosts that meet these specifications, or else why have this forum? They can't all be running their own servers.

Chris
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

You may have more luck with a host where you can run Chilli Soft ASP on an Apache server.

There are various companies in the USA that allow that e.g. jumpline.com (virtual dedicated server providers).

Vger