Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a functioning FedEx module for 1.3.8a?

my solution is to use ZC1.3.7 until Fedex and Google checkout get sorted out for 1.3.8.

Plugin Contributions

I'm new to ZC. Are you saying use only the checkout page code from 1.3.7 to get back to a working FedEx, or retro install the whole thing? I run 1.3.8a now. I'm a little confused. Dr Byte, you refer to a FedEx reference and Merlinpa1969 appears to be answering my post saying the FedEx shipping process is not available for ZC at this time? Could you clarify? I have a double problem --- using a drop shipper and no FedEx mod. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Something in the 1.3.8 code changed and fedex no longer works on the checkout page,

you could try using the tpl_checkout_shiping_default.php from 1.3.7 but no guarantees,

remember to put this in your custom templates folder
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Jack,
    BTW, I am new to ZC also. I wanted a store that worked with Fedex and also with Google Checkout. That has been a surprising hard set of requirments to meet as neither are core parts of any of the Open Source carts I have found. I have tried OSCommerce, OSMax, and Zen Cart 1.3.8 and ZC 1.3.7.

I have achived my goal with ZC1.3.7. but once you get away from the core modules built into the code, things get risky. Fedex actually seems to work just fine. Google checkout works also with 1.3.7 but there is an issue with shipping info timeouts. Seems the problem is more on the Google side but who knows.

To be clear, I am using the entire 1.3.7 version, not part of it mixed with 1.3.8.

Bottome line: Unless you can successfully hack 1.3.8 (noone seems to have done so yet), use ZC 1.3.7 if you want or need Fedex.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for your follow-up reply. this whole deal is more than a little daunting for me. I am a web designer and ad guy who has decided clients and projects are a way of life I'd like to change. So, I believe the future of commerce as we know it, is online.

I have a poster and print art site. I have not even gotten as far a Google checkout. I'm wondering if I should, sooner than later. This may be a topic for another post, but my vendor just told me they spent weeks just working out the shipping on their end and they have been in business for 25+ yrs.

OMG. I gotta get this online, so I may have to limit it to what I have for starters. Do you happen to know if the Paypal Web Payments Pro will handle most of this for me? That's the only payment/shipping mod I'm using initially.

Plugin Contributions

So the old addage "you get what you pay for" probably applies. Zen Cart is free so one can't expect the features and support of a higher end commercial product. Also, the stuff that comes integrated with ZC is more relaible than the addons.

here is some input about Google Checkout. Its much easier to install if its the very first addon you install. Otherwise you have to hand edit a bunch of files. Of course, you find out with ZC that you have to hand edit many files anyway.

So on Saturday, i started with a new install of ZC1.3.7, then I installed Google Checkout, then I installed Fedex. Then I started playing with the template, colors, and little bits of text here and there. Its basically working except for the shipping issues with GC.

I am on Godaddy and if there EZ cart had support for Fedex and Google, I probably never would have messed with any of the open source carts. I decided at the begining i wanted those two features.

Plugin Contributions

You say you started with 1.3.7, then upped to .8 then back to .7?

Wondering if a.) I can retro install 1.3.7 easily enough and b.) what I would be giving up. A little scary.

Plugin Contributions

"You say you started with 1.3.7, then upped to .8 then back to .7?

Wondering if a.) I can retro install 1.3.7 easily enough and b.) what I would be giving up. A little scary."
    well it didn't really go like that. Actually I started with OSCommerce and gave up on that for a number of reasons. I did get Fedex to work after hunting through the forums and finding a Godaddy specific issue. But then there were other things that didn't work right when I started filling in products.

I was about to give up on open source carts but I decided to give ZC one last try. I played around with it some a few months ago. So last week, naturally i started with the latest version 1.3.8. Then i discovered that Fedex does not work with 1.3.8 at all so I started again from the beginning with 1.3.7. I did some other things first before I installed ZC1.3.7. My domain was a subdomain and you can't have an SSL on a subdomain. Google require an SSL. So I started a new account with my store as the primary domain, added an SSL cert before uploaded any software and then installed 1.3.7 from the start. I added GC first and the Fedex. So thats how it really went.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    This is a result of what may be a quirk in the FedEx module, reported a couple months ago.

The following may help ...

You can change your site's template operation by editing your custom tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php file:

line 64:
    Code:
    // allows FedEx to work comment comment out Standard and Uncomment FedEx
    //      if ($quotes[$i]['id'] != '' || $quotes[$i]['module'] != '') { // FedEx
          if ($quotes[$i]['module'] != '') { // Standard
    Move the // from the 2nd line to the 3rd line, like this:
    Code:
    // allows FedEx to work comment comment out Standard and Uncomment FedEx
          if ($quotes[$i]['id'] != '' || $quotes[$i]['module'] != '') { // FedEx
    //      if ($quotes[$i]['module'] != '') { // Standard
    I've only done very basic research on this, as I have no way to test the module.
    I can confirm that this fix did work on my site running 1.3.8a. Thanks to DrByte for his work on this.

Plugin Contributions

I will extend my thanks to him as well and to you for posting the confirmation. I think I will wait a bit before I attempt the upgrade since my status with 1.3.7 is "if it works, don't fix it". I need to see what's going on w.r.t 1.3.8 and googlecheckout as well. I think saw some posts about problemos there as well.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast