Plugin Contributions

Default different shipping rules for certain products

I sell several products that can all ship via the same method and that part is working great.

I also have some products that require special handling and packaging and I want to account for this in my shipping charges. Is there a way to have these products add extra "handling" for the shipping and handling to account for insurance and expensive packaging, etc?

Thanks for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: different shipping rules for certain products

Similar issue. I am using subscriptions and use Zone shipping for them. Single issue need a different amount of shipping. It would be nice to use zone shipping on subscriptions and say, UPS on the issues.

Any help?

Running 1.38a.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill Corrie
    HinterWelt Enterprises
    Stores: www.yourgamesnow.com www.hinterwelt.com
    E-books and Print Books for Games

Plugin Contributions

Have you an URL showing how you have these Products set up where it would show the differences between the two types?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Have you an URL showing how you have these Products set up where it would show the differences between the two types?
    Linda,
    If you are talking to me the store is:
    http://www.koboldquarterly.com/KQStore/

There is a category Subscriptions and one Issues.

I may have come up with a solution, not pretty but one none the less using the suggestions on the forum about weight. I am using Zone shipping and use a lower weight and lower fixed price ofr issues and a higher one for Subscriptions.

To make it clearer:

1. They are in different categories so some custom coding could be used as you have suggested in the shipping module. I was hoping for something already in the shipping modules.

2. The reason we use Zone shipping is to differentiate between US-CA-and elsewhere. I would love to implement a true shipping charge module like USPS or UPS but since we have subscriptions we have a recurring charge. I could adjust the weight to reflect that shipped but a fixed charge (things like fuel surcharges) would not be applied thus making the result inaccurate.

3. On the grander level, the difference between issue (which could use a true shipping charge module) that ships one time, one item and Subscriptions which have up to four separate shipping occurrences make this a difficult issue.

Essentially, if we could say "Product A uses UPS and Product B uses Zone" it would be great. I take it there is not a way to do this without custom coding?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill Corrie
    HinterWelt Enterprises
    Stores: www.yourgamesnow.com www.hinterwelt.com
    E-books and Print Books for Games

Plugin Contributions

Is this gonna be per product or per category?
    I have a customer who needs this mod as well, and I have already hired a coder to code this (since Im so busy with some other stuffs). So if you guys need it PM me perhaps we can share the cost and then later release it to other members as well.

Regards
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me