Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1062 Duplicate entry 'Customers who have never...

Try my first message in this related thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94097

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I wish I could report great success here. Its just not working and the best I can tell.. it should be. Tell me this DrByte... are you for hire?

I am starting to think that restoring an older version of the database and redoing some work might be easier. I do still have a payment module to drop into this if I can ever get it working.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You did do full backups before upgrading, right?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I use Dreamhost and they do it every 12 hours or so. I am pretty sure I can restore. Not positive. But I think so. I know I am dangerous with my limited knowledge here but here is the plan in my head:

Restore the DB
    Copy all the files from the server (Zen Cart Files) that I used before the upgrades
    See how far back I am with my products, customizations and such.
    Once I have it all working again I have a Payment module to dump in from Transfirst.com

That and a Fat Tire (beer)

Cam

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    So with a clearer mind and a rejuvenated will I am back. Here is the current state of my cart:
    My problems started after I ran the 1.3.8a update.
    I installed my Transfirst.com merchant model (just released for 1.3.8a)
    Then when I went to test it I could not log-in. I was getting a Security error. Something to the similar to "There was a security Error" in a red box above the log-in fields.
    I ran this "DELETE from query_builder where query_name = 'Customers who have never completed a purchase';" so that I could re-run the install.
    Ran the install with this error:
    "1062 Duplicate entry 'Customers who have never completed a purchase' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zenquery_builder (query_category, query_name, query_description , query_string) VALUES ('email,newsletters', 'Customers who have never completed a purchase', 'For sending newsletter to all customers who registered but have never completed a purchase', 'SELECT DISTINCT c.customers_email_address as customers_email_address, c.customers_lastname as customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname as customers_firstname FROM TABLE_CUSTOMERS c LEFT JOIN TABLE_ORDERS o ON c.customers_id=o.customers_id WHERE o.date_purchased IS NULL');]"

Then I put a # in front of the "INSERT INTO " in the /zc_install/sql/mysql_upgrade_137_to_138.sql file

which brings me to where I am now:
    I have backed up the files on my server both before and after the upgrade attempt.
    My DB backs up automatically and can be restored in 12 hour chunks
    I have debated restoring and copying the old files over, then trying a reinstall but don't know if that is a doable option or if I will mess stuff up doing it.

What I need to fix right now:
    customers can not register for an account.. it just loops back to the same page with no errors.
    Existing customers: me, can not login

Other notes that might be helpful:
    This is not really live yet. There are not customers to save or data for them that I can not put back.
    I would really like to keep all the products, attributes, customizations to the template and custom verbiage I have added.

Can anyone make sense of this predicament?

Thanks, Cam

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dollen View Post
    My problems started after I ran the 1.3.8a update.
    If that "update" didn't include upgrading not only your database but also all your PHP files (both core and overrides), then you'll have various unexplainable problems ... curable only by properly completing both halves of the upgrade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12