Plugin Contributions

Default Allow a user to attach an upload to an item.

I'm trying to think of a method where a user can click "add to cart" on an item and it would redirect them to a file upload page where they can attach a binary file to the item in their cart.

The purpose of the site is to allow a customer to select a certain style of customization to be preformed for the image they upload. Thus, I wanted to have an item be a customization and when they add it to their cart, they choose which image they want that certain customization done to.

The end effect would be to see an image URL next to each item in the order viewer. That URL would link to the image uploaded by the user for that item.

I'm standing by to answer any extra questions about my intended behavior.

Thank you very much,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Allow a user to attach an upload to an item.

I guess what I'm asking for is any notes on existing plugins or projects that accomplish this. There are far too many extensions out there to browse through them all ;)

Otherwise, I am rather decent at php programming. If no method exists, I'd at least like to know where I could hook into the add-to-cart process to forward the user to a new upload page that I create.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you looked at the attributes system in Zen Cart?
    The "File" attribute is for File Uploads. This causes a Browse button to appear on the product page, and they can use that to select a file on their PC ... which will be uploaded when they click Add To Cart.

You'll have to do some customization to display the actual image in the shopping cart, if that's necessary.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh jeeze, thanks so much for that tip! I didn't realize it was THAT simple.

The thing is... it's more simple than I expected, hahaha. I guess I was hoping to be able to throw in an intermediate page between clicking "add to cart" and actually viewing the cart page. I should've been more specific, I'm sorry.

On this intermediate page, I'll be running a flash app that would be handling the file upload. The flash application will also let the user manipulate the image a little bit and then save a final version of that image. It's the final image that I want to then attach to the purchase item.

I'm sorry for being non-specific with my previous posts. Thanks so much for your input DrByte.