Plugin Contributions

Default Description not showing

Hello

my order descriptions are not showing in order conf, checkout conf, customer email, admins orders and admin email unless i have a drop down with
    attributes

all i get are qty, item name and total

is there a way to add a description on there, i have single products with different
    sizes and prices. so when someone orders same product with different info i get just qty, item name and total and it doesnt show me what exactly they ordered.
    also in customer confirmation if they place and order and want to add same item with different info they might not remember if they ordered the right piece

any help is appreciated

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Description not showing

Sounds like a stylesheet issue. Can you post a URL???
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

hem i sent you address by pm

i dont know if its stylesheet issue i was looking at alot of the stores powered by zen cart and alot look the same to me. unless merch have options it wont show up in description just item name

my partner decided to put all info into item name but that doesnt look good

Plugin Contributions

This post here by heredo in post http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63857
    came close

Ok, did some home work for you tonight!
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php
    Line 85, I am using 1.3.7 zen-cart

<a href="<?php echo $product['linkProductsName']; ?>"><div id="cartImage" class="back"><?php echo $product['productsImage']; ?></div><div id="cartProdTitle"><?php echo $product['productsName'] . '<span class="alert bold">' . $product['flagStockCheck'] . '</span>'; ?></div></a>

Replace with this!

<a href="<?php echo $product['linkProductsName']; ?>"><div id="cartImage" class="back"><?php echo $product['productsImage']; ?></div><div id="cartProdTitle"><?php echo $product['productsName'] . '<span class="alert bold">' . $product['flagStockCheck'] . '</span>'; ?><?php echo zen_products_lookup($product['id'], 'products_description'); ?></div></a>

insert into your override directory of course.....
    includes/templates/your template/template/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php

Enjoy,
    but this section for the description didnt work

<?php echo zen_products_lookup($product['id'], 'products_description'); ?>

i took out the zen_products_lookup and put just $product ['id] and i was able to add the id in there for description but only in the tpl_shopping_cart_default.php section of store
    didnt go further cause i couldnt get it right

Plugin Contributions

It works for me- I tidied the code up a little and added a break to separate the ID and the description:

HTML Code:
    <a href="<?php echo $product['linkProductsName']; ?>"><span id="cartImage" class="back"><?php echo $product['productsImage']; ?></span><span id="cartProdTitle"><?php echo $product['productsName'] . '<span class="alert bold">' . $product['flagStockCheck'] . '</span><br />'.zen_products_lookup($product['id'], 'products_description');?></span></a>
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Sorry forgot to mention that it works and it puts a description the only thing is that the description is the same for all other products so it doesnt change

what happens is that if they order something different it shows up the same as everything else as if the product description was locked and never changes

so i could have 20 different products and 1 description for all

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Description not showing

ah- I get you now.

[Later]. There's a bug in function_lookup.php- lines starting at 767. They read:

HTML Code:
        $product_lookup = $db->Execute("select " . $what_field . " as lookup_field
                                  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
                                  where p.products_id ='" . (int)$product_id . "'
                                  and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$language . "'");
    they should read:

HTML Code:
        $product_lookup = $db->Execute("select " . $what_field . " as lookup_field
                                  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
                                  where p.products_id ='" . (int)$product_id . "'
                                  and pd.products_id ='" . (int)$product_id . "'
                                  and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$language . "'");
    currently the description table is not being referenced correctly.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so very much hem that worked perfect

is there a way or a spot to do the same for the order confirmation, confirmation emails and and the admins order email

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. This is great. I have lots of the 'same' product with a different colour so this makes life a lot easier for the customer.

However...

Is there a way to exclude a specific product category or categories from this? For example, there are some books and magazines where the product title is specific enough (and of course there is a large product description... which is simply not necessary to repeat in the shopping cart)

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Either that (category exclusion) or to add a character limit to the description that is added to the shopping cart?
    Ruth