Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I need telephone number required

I had this situation arise and the reason it happened is because people were using Paypal express checkout. That bypassed the whole login/create account screen and instead got their info from paypal, which didn't include the phone number or date of birth. So technically they never created an account.

Hope that helps someone, it had me confused for awhile!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadoodle View Post
    I had this situation arise and the reason it happened is because people were using Paypal express checkout. That bypassed the whole login/create account screen and instead got their info from paypal, which didn't include the phone number or date of birth. So technically they never created an account.

Hope that helps someone, it had me confused for awhile!
    Which is only one of the reasons why I removed the PayPal express checkout button from the cart page. The PayPal button is on the checkout_payments page if they choose to use PayPal, but they have to go thru my cart process, including login/create account, first. The main reason I did that was we want credit card customers to use our regular CC payment gateway because the fees are lower than PayPal.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, mauryg - this worked perfectly.

Reviving a pretty old thread, maybe, but I wanted to acknowledge that it definitely worked, and I'm certainly grateful! ;)

- D

Quote Originally Posted by mauryg View Post
    If you want to hide the telephone number field altogether, there is a 'Hide Telephone Number' mod from econcepts which works. It will also let you have it show and be optional.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=495
    If you want to do something yourself:
    1. The language which controls the display of the telephone number field is in includes/templates/templatedefault/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php ( or in includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php if you use a custom template).
    Code:
    <fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PHONE_FAX_DETAILS; ?></legend>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="telephone"><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('telephone', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_telephone', '40') . ' id="telephone"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>

<?php
      if (ACCOUNT_FAX_NUMBER == 'true') {
    ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="fax"><?php echo ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('fax', '', 'id="fax"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    </fieldset>
    You can comment it out to remove the field. Then,
    2. The code that checks for the correct number of digits being entered and 'makes' the field required by popping up the error is in includes/modules/create_account.php (around line 230).
    Code:
      if (strlen($telephone) < ENTRY_TELEPHONE_MIN_LENGTH) {
        $error = true;
        $messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_ERROR);
      }
    If you comment that out, it won't check for the error.
    3. The code that puts the little red * next to the phone number field is in includes/languages/english.php (or in includes/languages/YOURTEMPLATE/english.php). Change
    Code:
    define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT', '*');
    to
    Code:
    define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT', '');
    Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I am not usually able to answer these but I had the same problem when I started.

I found that my paypal account was set not to require phone numbers. After I changed it in Paypal, No Problems

Plugin Contributions

Just discovered the same behavior on my site. Customer Telephone number is missing when they order using PayPal payment (I have express setup).

I checked and went to the "Check out with PayPal" link and within "Enter payment details or log in" there is a field for "Home Telephone".

Tool Pusher -
    Where in your PayPal profile did you make the telephone number a required field? I can't find anything like this in the PayPal profile.
    Last edited by Crunch; 13 Mar 2010 at 08:17 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Found it

PayPal -> Profile -> Website Payment Preferences -> Contact telephone number (choose either On Optional, On Required, Off)

Apparently, PayPal recommends Off.

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar problem with needing the telephone number required. My problem however is that on the create_account.php page, no Telephone Number input field appears; however it is there on my Spanish language create_account.php page.

What code do I input or what setting do I change to have the Telephone Number field show on the page?

Plugin Contributions

I notice that for registration, I have telephone required which is fine. But I also offer local delivery options and NEED to have a phone number entered as well for shipping RECIPIENTS. The telephone field does NOT show for shipping information entries. How can I add it there?

Plugin Contributions

I need the Phone number to be able to be added on the ordering page too.

Plugin Contributions

I also need the telephone number to be added and required on the change address page. Anyone any ideas?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123