Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default banners types (groups)

I would like to know the difference between the banner groups:
    BannersAll
    Wide-Banners

the sidebox-banners are only displayed on the sidebox, I get that! :)

The other banners... where are those placed? what are their sizes? And how does the groups work?
    I noticed in the images/banners directory a square banner 125x125 that says "our favorite feature product". So I get that I need to save the image to that directory, and create this banner under what group???

Couldn't find any info in the wiki.

TIA

Laney

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: banners types (groups)

A Banner Group name is just a reference to placing like banners together ...

BannersAll was created to distinguish it as the Banner Group name that would appear in the Banner sidebox that can display multiple static banners at one time in a static sort order ...

This banners sidebox is:
    sideboxes/banner_box_all.php

These banners always show and do not rotate like the other Banner sideboxes and Banners in the header and footer area ...

The Layout Settings allows you to enter the Banner Group name that should display in one of the 8 locations plus the Banners All sidebox ...

This allows you to put Banners in multiple groups but still display multiple groups of banners in the same location ...

The size distinction in the names is again a reference for clarity ... they could of been named:
    Red
    Blue
    Green

But that did not have as much meaning as:
    BannersAll
    Wide-Banners

As you create new Banner Group names, they will automatically appear in the dropdown the next time you add/edit a banner ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: the titles of the Banner sideboxes are again just text ...

You could call them anything ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am sorry for being so dense.
    Here's what I did. I created a new banner at the banner manager (I have turned all the others off). Put it in the bannersall group. The banner is 543x85 px.
    It didn't show up. So I get that bannersall and sidebox-banners are just for the sideboxes, right?

I changed the group for that banner to wide-banners. Now what I get on the very end of my pages is just the name of the banner, not the graphic.

Laney

Plugin Contributions

ok, re-reading your reply now I get what tells the banners to show up where... heehehehee... the layout setttings!!!

now I am starting to understand this.

You think my banner won't show up because of the size? is size set anywhere?

Laney

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    A Banner Group name is just a reference to placing like banners together ...

BannersAll was created to distinguish it as the Banner Group name that would appear in the Banner sidebox that can display multiple static banners at one time in a static sort order ...

This banners sidebox is:
    sideboxes/banner_box_all.php

These banners always show and do not rotate like the other Banner sideboxes and Banners in the header and footer area ...

The Layout Settings allows you to enter the Banner Group name that should display in one of the 8 locations plus the Banners All sidebox ...

This allows you to put Banners in multiple groups but still display multiple groups of banners in the same location ...

The size distinction in the names is again a reference for clarity ... they could of been named:
    Red
    Blue
    Green

But that did not have as much meaning as:
    BannersAll
    Wide-Banners

As you create new Banner Group names, they will automatically appear in the dropdown the next time you add/edit a banner ...

Plugin Contributions

Just an update.... I got it to work... A slash was missing in the banner location when I added it.

thanks for you help! If there's anything else that you think I should know, please tell me! :)

hugs,

Laney

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    NOTE: the titles of the Banner sideboxes are again just text ...

You could call them anything ...

Plugin Contributions

Would it be possible to put three different banners in the footer at the same time? Thus, to have 3 ´static´ multiple banners in position 3 of the footer.

I tried to use BannersAll, but found out that that one only will work to place multiple banners in a sidebox.... a lot of shops do have banners in their footer to display partners, payment banners etc.

So, how should I position multiple banners in the footer?

Plugin Contributions

I wanna do this too! Is it possible to use BannersAll in Footer Position 1 instead of in a sidebox? Can anyone help??

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Would it be possible to put three different banners in the footer at the same time? Thus, to have 3 ´static´ multiple banners in position 3 of the footer.

I tried to use BannersAll, but found out that that one only will work to place multiple banners in a sidebox.... a lot of shops do have banners in their footer to display partners, payment banners etc.

So, how should I position multiple banners in the footer?

Plugin Contributions

You would have to look at the code differences in the various banner positions and adapt them to the area that you wish to use them ...

Zen Cart is pretty flexible with the code and if you utilize the code in the correct format it can be moved anywhere ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You would have to look at the code differences in the various banner positions and adapt them to the area that you wish to use them ...
    Thanks, Ajeh. Can you point me to the files containing the relevant code? What am I looking for in those files?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast