Plugin Contributions

help question freeshipper : other zones -> other modules?

Ok, if I set my freeshipper module up to only be enabled in a certain zone (i.e. inside the US), should someone ordering a free shipping product from an excluded zone not see shipping rates based on whatever other module(s) I have installed as well? Unfortunately, mine just gives me a blank page instead if my free shipping item is the only item ordered. It's fine when there are additional items.

I even added a "worldwide" zone to my zones and used it in my other shipping option (USPS) - still nothing. How can I fix this?

A

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: freeshipper : other zones -> other modules?

The Free Shipping freeshipper is really not designed for use with Zones ...

The Zone setting is included in the Free Shipping freeshipper shipping module for more advanced coders ...

The Free Shipping freeshipper shipping module is designed to manage $0.00 shipping for things like Always Free Shipping or 0 weight when 0 weight is set to mean Free Shipping ...

Can you better define your shipping needs?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Actually, I'm not using the zone shipping module, main mode of shipping is USPS. However, we do have a few items that have free shipping inside the US only. So I've set up a "US Free" shipping zone and applied it to the freeshipper mod.

Which works fine, when someone orders multiple products including a free shipping product. However, when a "free shipping product" is the ONLY item in the cart, USPS is disabled, as it is suppose to to according to the code.

Maybe it is my logic that flawed here, but if I look at the code, each shipping module gets disabled if the entire cart is free shipping, then checks for the right zones where it is enabled.

To me, it should be the other way around, checking for zones where each module should be disabled, keeping it otherwise enabled. That way, if a free shipping item is in the cart, it only shows to a customer when he is in " the free zone", but would display alternative options (in my case USPS) when he is NOT in the "free zone". You get it?

Plugin Contributions

Free Shipping freeshipper is NOT designed to run with other shipping modules ...

It is designed to be the ONLY shipping module to show based on the content of the cart being Always Free Shipping or as 0 weight where 0 weight means free shipping ...

If you want a Fre Shipping Option there is the Free Shipping Option freeoption that will run at the same time as the other shipping methods and can be configured with limits related to Total, Item Count, Weight and utilize Zones ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, I can't use global settings like the freeshipper_option module utilizes, because my freeshipping is item-dependent, only CERTAIN items can receive free shipping within the US. It has nothing to do with how many item are ordered, their weight, or how much a customer may spent.

I need to find a way to display USPS quotes when free shipping doesn't fall into the free shipping zone instead of a blank when there is just a single free shipping product in the cart.

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem/question. (1.3.7.1)

Freeshipper is set up for free shipping of certain small items which fit in an envelope, so my clients do not need to pay (higher) parcel prices (zones) for shipping. Freeshipper is set up only for the EU-zone. (The EU zone does not have shipping/handling costs)

Outside the EU, I would like to have a small surcharge, or even the normal parcel prices, but they do not show.

Question: would it be possible to clone freeshipper, to be set up for the NON EU-zone, but with a small shipping/handling cost?

Ronald