Plugin Contributions

Default Moved server fix_cache_key.php not working

I moved hosting/servers and I tried to run the fix_cache_key.php. Well I get the normal errors up the top and then nothing. So what is going on.

Also I have another store running from another directory on my site and when I run the fix_cache_key.php on that zencart I just get a blank page.

Please help.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moved server fix_cache_key.php not working

This FAQ is relevant to server moves, upgrades, fresh installs ... any time you transfer files to/from the server:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    This FAQ is relevant to server moves, upgrades, fresh installs ... any time you transfer files to/from the server:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    I think part of my problem is the dns hasn't resolved completely as I am still intermittently getting my store as of the old hosting company. Must be the time of the new that makes this transition so slow for my cable company to get it right.

I just don't understand that sometimes it points to my new hosting company and then switches back to my old. Lucky I have slightly different things on each so I know when it is looking at the old. And it isn't database driven stuff. half the time it just doesn't see the fix_cache_key.php page.

So at this point I can't even use your suggestion. So I wil just have to wait and have my site down for even longer.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You should probably put the old site into down-for-maintenance mode so that nobody places any orders on the old database.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You should probably put the old site into down-for-maintenance mode so that nobody places any orders on the old database.
    Did that even before we moved so that we would avoid that. But thanks, it is good to know that I m at least doing something right.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

Ok so the DNS has finally resolved on the main store and now the fix_cache_key.php worked. On the secondary store that had the blank page. I double checked the config files and it had the wrong database username and password, so now that one works great too!

Thanks for all your help.
    Thanks
    Supersnow