Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using one single listing template

And I just found a bigger problem. On my product category page things are displayed twice. First the list of things and then dropdown menu "sort by" and again same list underneath it...how can I fix this?
    Please help:-)

Plugin Contributions

I love this mod. It makes a lot of sense!

I set up my products in a grid with the main image, product name, and price. Looks just how I want. I would like to add the manufacturers name above the product name but I'm having some trouble identifying the right bit of php code to include.

I want to put the mfr name right where the pink arrow is.

I'm editing the $lc_text part of modules/my_template/product_listing.php file.

PHP Code:
        for ($col=0$n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n$col++) {

$lc_align '';
          switch (
    $column_list[$col]) {
            case 
    'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':

$lc_align '';

$lc_text '<div class="itemModel">'$listing->fields['products_model'] . '</div>';
            break;
            case 
    'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME'://STEVE for boilerplate text Product Name as a link plus optional truncated description

$lc_align '';
            if (isset(
    $_GET['manufacturers_id'])) {//true if its a manufacturer listing page STEVE bof Boilerplate text

if (!$is_slt_listing) {//normal product listing

$lc_text '<div class="mfr">' what goes here '</div><div class="itemTitle"><a href="' zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > and $_GET['filter_id']) > ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' $listing->fields['products_name'] . '</a></div>';
                } else {
    //Single Listing Template

$lc_text '<div class="mfr">' what goes here '</div><div class="itemTitle"><a href="' zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']) . '&products_id=' $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' $listing->fields['products_name'] . '</a></div>';
                }
            } else {
    //not a manufacturer product listing, but the code loaded into $lc_text is the same in either case!! 

if (!$is_slt_listing) {//normal product listing

$lc_text '<div class="mfr">' what goes here '</div><div class="itemTitle"><a href="' zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > and $_GET['filter_id']) > ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' $listing->fields['products_name'] . '</a></div>';
                } else {
    //Single Listing Template

$lc_text '<div class="mfr">' what goes here '</div><div class="itemTitle"><a href="' zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']) . '&products_id=' $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' $listing->fields['products_name'] . '</a></div>';
                }
                } 
    I fiddled around with stuff like
    PHP Code:
    zen_get_products_manufacturers_name($listing->fields['manufacturers_name']) 
    but I can't seem to hit on the right thing. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Try having a look in the /includes/templates/classic/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php page, which displays manufacturers - I'm almost certain you could copy the code from there and it will work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jackie.taferner View Post
    Try having a look in the /includes/templates/classic/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php page, which displays manufacturers - I'm almost certain you could copy the code from there and it will work.
    Thanks for the suggestion. The code there is (at least in part)

PHP Code:
    <li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . $manufacturers_name . '</li
    I gave it a shot and the manufacturers name didn't show up. I've been playing around a lot with this and I just can't get the darn name to show. I can make the link to the mfr page appear in the code but not the actual name. I wonder if it's something in my admin or something to do with the mod.

I might try asking in the general template area. Maybe I'm missing something obvious

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I have installed that module and it now seems to be working fine ... Well, there’s actually an empty space below the title on the categories pages that should not be there, and which does not appear on the new products pages or all products pages. So I set the debug in the admin on true and each page shows me different codes?! See screen-shots pics attached. Do you have any clue as to what I did wrong?

Thanks much!

PS: if relevant, I’m using the latest version on ZC and installed the column layout grid before installing this single listing template.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewProducts.gif 
Views:	115 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	8575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AllProducts.gif 
Views:	79 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	8576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Categories.gif 
Views:	80 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	8577  

Plugin Contributions

So I set the debug in the admin on true and each page shows me different codes?!
    The spaces under titles and debug codes discrepancies had to do with categories/products listed before and categories/products listed after installing the module. I uninstalled all categories/products (fortunately only a few) and reinstalled them. It now works like a charm.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I got an error on New Listing Page that says
    1109 Unknown table 'p' in field list
    in:
    [select count(p.products_id) as total ]

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

(I posted this in another thread as well, but it may be more relevant here, apologies)

1. tell me if I'm in the right thread (there seems to be two that are dealing with similar issues).

2. I'm using the grid layout and would i like to customize the appearance of the individual product listings in the grid using CSS.

I'm fairly competent at CSS, but I'm having a little trouble finding the correct elements to edit the appearance of.

Here is what I would like to accomplish:
    - Add padding/ margin between the individual products listed in the grid (really either will suit my purpose, just need some spacing between each listing so they don't run together as much).

- Declare a consistent size for the grid listed products, and add a background image to them.

- Put the price and "Buy" image on the same line instead of having them vertically stacked.

Any help/ pointers/ directions would be awesome.

k

Plugin Contributions

You want to be posting in the styling product listing pages with column layout grid thread. The Flexible Product Listing mod attached to post 50 of that thread will let you make the individual product layout changes you want. The overall changes can be done with the basic column grid mod and the stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You want to be posting in the styling product listing pages with column layout grid thread. The Flexible Product Listing mod attached to post 50 of that thread will let you make the individual product layout changes you want. The overall changes can be done with the basic column grid mod and the stylesheet.
    Now I'm getting confused - should I not have installed the Single Listing Template that also includes the grid layout?

Should I have used Flexible Product Listing instead? Is it 1.3.9 compatible? (The post you reference only lists 1.3.8a).

Do I now need to remove the Single Listing Template and install Flexible Product Listing mod to have more control of the way items display (using CSS)?

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast