Plugin Contributions

Default special offer needs own item id but to process as 2 ids to update stock etc

right so heres the problem i sell xbox codes through my site and have just had a new auto delivery module made. the way the module works is that i input my codes and from there the system automatically pastes the code onto the order confirmation invoice.

So i bought some games to do some cross selling to rake in a bit more profit and forgot to put some codes aside to input under the bundle codes.

question is how do i get zen to send the code automatically now?

so say a customer buys the item id 12mxblwgame

i need it to recognise that it needs to send a 12mxbl from the code database at the same time as me being able to see they have bought the bundle and not just the code.

easiest way i can think is having it set up as a cross promotion which means i would sell the game seperate but offer a reduced price if sold with the code. would this be able to be set up as a different item id so its just a simple 1 click to add both to cart?

sorry if my post is a bit confusing as i am confusing myself here!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: special offer needs own item id but to process as 2 ids to update stock etc

Come on guys someone must have an idea what i can do? My only other option i can think of is to have them as 2 seperate items on promotion so there is a reduction once in the shopping cart, but then i have made offer images for no reason

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: special offer needs own item id but to process as 2 ids to update stock etc

Quote Originally Posted by Xbox Memberships View Post
    ... i ... have just had a new auto delivery module made. the way the module works is that i input my codes and from there the system automatically pastes the code onto the order confirmation invoice.
    Maybe your "new auto delivery module" needs some tweaks so you can specify more product model-numbers for it to detect?

Quote Originally Posted by Xbox Memberships View Post
    so say a customer buys the item id 12mxblwgame

i need it to recognise that it needs to send a 12mxbl from the code database at the same time as me being able to see they have bought the bundle and not just the code.
    Maybe you can have it allow you to specify multiple model-numbers to trigger certain codes?
    That would sound like the most efficient "fix" to me.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

onlt thing is i paid for the module to be built and have now escrowed the funds a long time ago and have no idea how to begin editing the module. I can enter new item ids easily so my only other way round is to wait till i buy new codes and list a few on the database under the correct item id

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, you can't remove codes from one model number and re-add them to another one?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

unfortunatly not i only realised after entering 40 codes and realising i hadn't entered any for the bundles

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Perhaps a quick call to your developer might give you the info you need to delete a handful of codes and re-enter them?

Plugin Contributions

yeah think i may have to give it a go although he did moan about the max price i was willing to pay for the job to be done and settled for $100 less than he had previously said. fingers crossed though