Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Confirmation email not generated with paypal paiment.

Hi

I have exactly the same problem described in this thread, but the origin of the problem does'nt seems to be the same...

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=482158

MY PROBLEM :

1) I'm on a developpement cart. I use ZC 1.3.8. My shop is not open right now, I'm only testing. I did'nt made any modification to the zen cart files, except for my own theme layout. I operate the site in french and english languages options.

2) I test on a downloadable product. Everything works well. I'm able to buy the product and then see the dowload module to get the file.

3) When I choose to pay with PayPal, everything is OK, I get to the PP site, make de paiement and I'm redirected to my site to get the download module.

BUT : I dont receive the confirmation e-mail from ZenCart (my shop)... When I choose Paypal, I only rceive the billing mail from PayPal.

IF I CHOOSE : Check order, Free of charge, etc, everything works well, I receive the confirmation e-mail.

IF I SEND MAIL to my custumer, Everything is OK. I also receive the subscription mail, etc...

ARCHIVED E-MAIL : I can see all the mail archived in the database, BUT NOT THOSE SUPPOSED to be generated after a paypal transaction.

I CAN SEE the order in my admin interface.

IF I MARK THE ORDER as "delivred" the customer receive the e-mail to confirm the new status "delivred".

So the problem is simply that when I use paypal for paiement, the confirmation email from zencart is not generated or sent to the customer. They don't appear in the database as archived, and I don't receive it.

NOTE : I dont reveive these mail in my admin mail box neither. I receive all the others (free, check paiement, notifications, etc...)

-----

Anybody have an idea for me ?

Thanks!

S.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Confirmation email not generated with paypal paiment.

Quote Originally Posted by koolos.com View Post
    1) I'm on a developpement cart. I use ZC 1.3.8. My shop is not open right now, I'm only testing.
    Please describe your hosting configuration.
    Where is your Zen Cart store hosted?

If PayPal Website Payment Standard transaction notifications are not reaching your server, your orders will not be released.
    If you're running on a closed server not reachable by PayPal's servers, your notifications won't arrive.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello DrByte!

Thanks for your time!

Here is the configuration description of my server :

PHP : 5.2.4
    MySQL : 4.1.22-standard
    CPanel : 11.11.0-STABLE

When I say that I'm testing the shop, I only mean that I do not use nor advertise it right now, but it is "public", on a sub directory of my root account...

I really think that PayPal is reaching my server, since I can see the order and the paiement in the admin section of the shop, so the information is written in the database. Also, I imagine that ZenCart and PayPal communicate normally in both direction, the information of the customer is well sent to the PayPal site when I checkout and the paiement information is sent back in the database...

The only thing that is missing is the notification e-mail from zencart...

Tonight, I will make a try with PayPal Express Checkout (curently, I use PayPal Instant Paiement Notification) to see if it makes any difference...

Thanks again for your help.

S.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What addons/contributions do you have installed on your store?
    Was this store ever upgraded from prior versions? Which versions?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I did'nt install any addons/contributions. It's a straigth ZenCart with no modification, except for the theme that I'm workin on.

Also, it's "almost" a fresh install... I installed 1.3.7 two weeks before the 1.3.8 was released. I deleted all the files on the server and uploaded the new release (1.3.8). After that, I upgraded the first database to keep my product and attribute. Did'nt have no problem nor error message while doing so.

I'm ready to give a try with a real fresh install since I have only one product and attribute for download, but since the mailing process works well for all other paiement modules and email feature, I wonder if it can really solve my problem...?

S.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Which Email Transport method do you have selected in Admin->Configuration->Email Options?

v1.3.8a contains a bugfix to handle failed emails being sent via SMTP.

Plugin Contributions

I use PHP... I tried almost everything else with the same issue... I received all other emails, but nothing after a paypal transaction...

S.

Plugin Contributions

OK... Here is an update for my problem.

1) I was using PayPal IPN. My problem was that I don't receive the order confirmation email fron ZenCart... Only a "receipt for your payement" from PayPal...

2) I gave a try to PayPal Express Checkout... With this Payement module, I receive all the emails, the order confirmation from ZenCart and the receipt from PayPal...

2.a) The first problem for me with this payment module is that on our site the information from the buyer account (name, adress, tlephone, email, etc...) is not sent to PayPal, so the client have to enter it again in the PayPal site, even if they have an account on my cart...

2.b) The second problem with this payement module is that we're finding that the amount of the order is not include in the PayPal page. The client have to fill his information form, with is CC information, but there is no item listed there.

2.c) The third problem with this payement module is that the credit card payment with no paypal account is less evident for the client... There is no credit card image on the page (from what I can tel, it is not a ZenCart issue... I maybe can manage it with a personalized payment page on PayPal...

SO... I now have the choice between two problem

a) A paypal transaction without confirmation email from my shop... (PayPal IPN)

b) A paypal transaction where the client have to fill his information twice, once on my site, and once on the PayPal site, and he doesn't see the amount he is paying for... (PayPal Express Checkout)

Well ...

Keep smiling! If I can solve one of the problem, it will tell me what module to choose for my PayPal transaction...

S.
    Last edited by koolos.com; 6 Jan 2008 at 04:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your points 2(a) and 2(b) don't normally happen.
    I'm not sure what's up with your shop, but those are not normal behaviors.

Try following suggestion 2a from this FAQ (install the debug logging utility): https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    and then try a PayPal IPN transaction again.

What do the logs tell you?

Plugin Contributions

Hola DrBytes!

Thank you VERY much four your time!

WITH IPN : The log file says:

[05-jan-2008 22:55:35] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in /home/koolos/public_html/boutique/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 405

... well...

I'll start another thread to see what's the prblem vith my point 2.a) and 2.b)... But first, let's trouubleshoot this topic ! :-)

S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast