Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal site doesn't show the order and the amount with express checkout

Hello!

Ok, here is a little problem I would like to fix.

I use Paypal Express Checkout.

When I checkout, I'm directed to the PayPal site. If I have an account on my ZenCart, the form is already filled (name, adress, etc...) If I don't have an account on ZenCart, the form is empty.

In both case, what was ordered and the total of the order doesn't appear on the paypal site, at the top of the page... (like we can see normally, with IPN for instance). There is only the form for the adress, name, etc, and the CC information to be filled.

DrByte told me in another thread that this is not normal... So I start another thread to discuss this specific issue.

If I complete the order, I receive all the emails, the invoice form PP and the confirmation from ZC, and the order is listed in the admin section.

Well, everything works well, except for the missing description and total...

By the way, I have ZenCart 1.3.8., straight, no mod. For some other reason, I just made a complete fresh install. So it's a brand new installation with a totally new database.

Thanks!

S.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal site doesn't show the order and the amount with express checkout

Just a little update...

On the second page, where I have to "verify" the paiement details, I can see the total at the top. But there is no Item description...

I can live with that... But if anybody could confirm if it's normal or not, I would be happy!

S.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal site doesn't show the order and the amount with express checkout

Quote Originally Posted by koolos.com View Post
    I use Paypal Express Checkout.

When I checkout, I'm directed to the PayPal site. If I have an account on my ZenCart, the form is already filled (name, adress, etc...) If I don't have an account on ZenCart, the form is empty.

In both case, what was ordered and the total of the order doesn't appear on the paypal site, at the top of the page... (like we can see normally, with IPN for instance). There is only the form for the adress, name, etc, and the CC information to be filled.

If I complete the order, I receive all the emails, the invoice form PP and the confirmation from ZC, and the order is listed in the admin section.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolos.com View Post
    DrByte told me in another thread that this is not normal... So I start another thread to discuss this specific issue.
    I take that back.
    If the customer clicks Express Checkout from the shopping cart page, it's possible that the total amount will not show ... because the final total is not yet known ... since shipping charges haven't been assessed yet (we don't know their address, etc if they're not logged in yet), and any coupons/discounts or extra fees have not yet been calculated.
    All these other calculations are done after the customer finishes the PayPal login and comes back to the store to complete checkout.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Merci DrByte!

Thanks!

S.