Plugin Contributions

Default New Database Needs To Be Patched?

Hey guys, installed ZC 1.3.8a fresh today with a brand new database to go with it. Everything installed and runs fine, except at the top of the shop page there's the error message:

"Your database appears to need patching to a higher level"

The database/server info page says it's at 1.3.8 and when I use the installer to go "upgrade database" it says it is updated and is fine. Is there a way to fix this? Or a way to just remove the error message?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Database Needs To Be Patched?

That error message appears when the system compares the database information about the current version against the PHP information about the current version and finds them mismatched.
    Are you sure that the database details mentioned in both of your configure.php files points to the same place in both cases?
    Do you see the same error when you log into your admin?
    What version details do you see under Admin->Tools->Server Info ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
    1. Both configure.php files are pointed to the same database and everything writes correctly to the database.
    2. I do see the exact same error when I'm logged in as the admin.
    3. Below is what I see on the Tools>Server/Version Info page

PROJECT_VERSION_NAME PROJECT_VERSION_MAJOR.PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR
    Patch: PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH1::PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH1_SOURCE
    Patch: PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH2::PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH2_SOURCE
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    v1.3.8 [2008-01-07 08:07:08] (Fresh Installation)
    v1.3.8 [2008-01-07 08:07:08] (Fresh Installation)

As stated earlier I installed 1.3.8a in a clean, first-time installation earlier this morning. I'm still clueless as to what's causing the error, but if I can't fix it is there a way I can simply erase the error from displaying at all?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm pretty sure that's a result of one or more files in your /includes folder not being uploaded properly. Are there any files with a size of just 0 ?
    Sometimes FTP programs fail to upload everything correctly, which is the number one cause of odd things happening, such as this.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much DrByte,
    I reupped the entire includes folder and then went through the installation process again (for the configure.php) files and the message is now gone. None of the files were at zero bytes, but a few were at some very different sizes. Thanks for the help.

ESO

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! I was having the exact same problems. I looked in my includes folder, and some of the files didn't get ftp'd. I uploaded those, reinstalled, and it works.