Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin frequently signs out when accessing Multiple Links Manager

Hello,

When i access the Multiple Links Manager through the "copy product" button for a product i am frequently automatically logged out of the admin. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Any thoughts on this annoying issue?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin frequently signs out when accessing Multiple Links Manager

Can someone please chime in on this? Perhaps one of the Zen-Cart staff? What could cause this to happen so frequently?

Plugin Contributions

Beuler?

Plugin Contributions

I have had this happen to me before ... and I was able to clear it up deleting the cookies and clearing the cache for my domain ...

I will have to look further into this to see why it is tripping as it does seem most odd ... but it is intermittent for me and I have not located the cause yet ...

What browser are you using?

What version of Zen Cart?

Clean install or an upgrade?

How did you install? How did you upgrade?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Browser: Firefox 2.0 - Mac. (But this has also happened on Firefox for PC's too)

Current Version: 1.3.7

Version History:
    v1.3.6 [2007-06-27 01:25:11] (Version Update 1.3.5->1.3.6)
    v1.3.5 [2006-09-10 13:51:21] (Fresh Installation)

Each time i upgrade i follow this post as a guideline: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108

It seems like i am logged out of the admin when accessing the multiple links manager only after being in the admin for some time. It is infrequent that i am logged out when i sign in and go straight to the link manager.

Please let me know any other information i could supply you with. I would like to help you get this bug out of the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I have had this happen to me before ... and I was able to clear it up deleting the cookies and clearing the cache for my domain ...

I will have to look further into this to see why it is tripping as it does seem most odd ... but it is intermittent for me and I have not located the cause yet ...

Plugin Contributions

Linda,

I checked with my hosting provider and inquired about any caching that is done on the server level that could possibly interfere with this problem and this was their response:

"The only caching that is done is PHP script caching via eAccelerator, however, that should not affect sessions in that way."

My cookies and Cache clear every time i close my browser, so i would guess that this is being caused by something else... Also, in my previous response i said that it seems to happen most after i've been logged in for a while - I take that back. It sometimes happens right after signing in for the first time, too! Grr.

Any thoughts? Would a snapshot of my php server info help?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeech View Post
    Browser: Firefox 2.0 - Mac. (But this has also happened on Firefox for PC's too)

Current Version: 1.3.7

Version History:
    v1.3.6 [2007-06-27 01:25:11] (Version Update 1.3.5->1.3.6)
    v1.3.5 [2006-09-10 13:51:21] (Fresh Installation)

Each time i upgrade i follow this post as a guideline: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108

It seems like i am logged out of the admin when accessing the multiple links manager only after being in the admin for some time. It is infrequent that i am logged out when i sign in and go straight to the link manager.

Please let me know any other information i could supply you with. I would like to help you get this bug out of the software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post

Last edited by mrmeech; 12 Feb 2008 at 11:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Does this happen *only* when using the Multiple Links Manager?
    Are you using shared SSL or dedicated SSL on your site?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, this only happens when using the Multiple Links Manager.

I have a shared SSL.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Does this happen *only* when using the Multiple Links Manager?
    Are you using shared SSL or dedicated SSL on your site?

Plugin Contributions

I have this issue too...

Just noticed it, as I have not used that function before.

Browser: Safari - Mac

Current Version: 1.3.8a upgraded from fresh 1.3.7

I have my own SSL Cert, on shared hosting.

See this *only* when using the Multiple Links Manager.

I have seen this behavior before and it terrifies me, as I lost my cart to it once using the User Tracking mod.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try using this slightly updated /admin/products_to_categories.php file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast