Thread: Net 30 Terms

Plugin Contributions

Default Net 30 Terms

I am very surprised from all the different payment modules and gateways that no one is really looking for a net 30 terms solution. If anyone has successfully modded an existing payment module and would like to share their success story, please do so.

What we are looking to do is we have a large existing customer base that is starting to get used to our site after two years and are ordering more often online (YEAH). Unfortunately they are net 30 customers and we still ask for their credit card info even though we do not run it. We manually re-enter the order on the backside (internal) system and check to see if the customer is net 30 and change it on the internal order.

What would be ideal is to have this as a payment mod and when installed it would show up right below the credit card info (just like if you were to install the gift certificate mod). So has anyone attempted something this crazy?

Will there be an addition to the core code in future release (pretty please)?

How hard would this be to implement?

tia...

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Net 30 Terms

I'm also looking for a mod that has terms - net 30, net 45, net 60. I see there's an oscommerce net30 mod
    oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2411/category,1/search,net+terms

Any chance this can be used for zen cart?

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Net 30 Terms

I just created my own net 30 payment module based on the moneyorder module. Not the ideal solution - I would rather have a module where you can actually select the net terms - ie. net 30, net 45 or net 60. Since I'm not much w/php, I guess I'll create 3 different modules to do that. I've attached my...ahem..dirty mod. Please feel free to fix it/make it better.
    It's just 2 files - the language file and the payment module file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Net 30 Terms

dreamz;

Do you by chance have an URL I can go to to see your (dirty mod) in action? I would like to see if it will do as I want as well before implementing. Also thanks for taking charge on the situation. Maybe between a few of us we can generate some interest and soon we be able to mod the admin customers so we can add the net terms or customer number or any other additional info there.

Thanks again :o)

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley