Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default restrict where I ship to

I am trying to restrict where someone ordering can ship to, I can only ship to the lower 48 states and cant ship to Hawaii Alaska or international. but people keep ordering anyway even though it's listed I cant do it.

My shipping is set to per item, so I was thinking to use zones some how but the only one listed is Florida, could someone point me in the right direction please?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: restrict where I ship to

Why not remove the states and countries you can't deliver to, that way they can't order

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by colemanpa View Post
    I am trying to restrict where someone ordering can ship to, I can only ship to the lower 48 states and cant ship to Hawaii Alaska or international. but people keep ordering anyway even though it's listed I cant do it.

My shipping is set to per item, so I was thinking to use zones some how but the only one listed is Florida, could someone point me in the right direction please?
    run the following sql statement: copy and paste the code into admin -> tools -> install sql patches and click the send button

Code:
    INSERT INTO `geo_zones` VALUES ('', 'Shp: United States: 48', 'United States:  Continental 48 states', NULL, now());
    INSERT INTO `zones_to_geo_zones` VALUES ('', 223, 1, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 4, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 5, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 12, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 13, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 14, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 15, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 16, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 18, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 19, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 22, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 23, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 24, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 25, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 26, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 27, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 28, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 29, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 31, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 32, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 33, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 34, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 35, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 36, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 37, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 38, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 39, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 40, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 41, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 42, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 43, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 44, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 45, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 47, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 48, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 49, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 51, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 53, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 54, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 55, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 56, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 57, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 58, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 59, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 61, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 62, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 63, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 64, last_insert_id(), NULL, now()),
                                            ('', 223, 65, last_insert_id(), NULL, now());
    now open admin -> modules ->shipping -> per item

in the dropdown for shipping zone select Shp: United States: 48 and click the update button

Your shipping is now restricted to only the lower 48.

Plugin Contributions

I have not test it, but you are the man, the SQL man.

thank you, my hats off

pete

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by colemanpa View Post
    I have not test it, but you are the man, the SQL man.

thank you, my hats off

pete
    glad to help

Plugin Contributions

I tested it and it did not work, it won't let you ship to the lower 48 states, it won't let you ship anywhere.

Sorry it took so long to get back.

Plugin Contributions

I have not had any problems utilizing this ...

If you look in the Localization/Taxes ... Zone Definitions ... do you see:
    Shp: United States: 48

If you click on Details ... do you see the 48 States?

If you go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and edit your shipping module do you see under the Zone setting:
    Shp: United States: 48
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

yes I see the zones and module a thought it was working I tested it for alaska it worked but when i tested it on lower 48 states it said the same thing it said for alaska we not ship to your zone.

Plugin Contributions

What Shipping module are you using?

What version of Zen Cart are you running?

Clean install or Upgrade?

How did you install ... How did you Upgrade?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

per item, 1.3.8a, I just unzip 1.3.8a over 1.3.8, when i did 1.3.8 from 1.3.7 I upgraded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast