Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

help question Credit Card Module disabled, yet order placed with "Credit Card"

A customer placed an order when Paypal Express Checkout was the only available payment method on my site, yet the order came through as a "Credit Card" payment. My credit card module is installed, but enable is set to "false". And no record of the transaction shows up in my Paypal account. What happened?

I used to have both Paypal IPN and Paypal Express as payment options, but removed Paypal IPN the day before this order was placed. Could this have affected something? Please help...I would like to get paid for this transaction!

-Becky

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Card Module disabled, yet order placed with "Credit Card"

I just went to my payment modules in the admin and noticed that the Credit Card module has a yellow circle next to it, as opposed to a red or green circle. What does that mean exactly? Will it default to a yellow payment module if the green ones aren't available for some reason?

Plugin Contributions

Any ideas? Still can't figure out how my customer paid with a Credit Card when Paypal should have been the only payment method option. Please help!

Plugin Contributions

Just checking again to see if anyone has any answers...when an invoice says "Payment Method: Credit Card", is there any way it went through Paypal? If not, why would my Zen Cart allow someone to use a payment method I have disabled?

Plugin Contributions

UNINSTALL the CC module if you are not using it.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    UNINSTALL the CC module if you are not using it.
    Thanks, I did uninstall it yesterday after seeing that it could still possibly be used by a customer. But it was set to "false" for accepting credit cards. Is there some loophole that caused it to enable?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retrobec View Post
    A customer placed an order when Paypal Express Checkout was the only available payment method on my site, yet the order came through as a "Credit Card" payment. My credit card module is installed, but enable is set to "false". And no record of the transaction shows up in my Paypal account. What happened?

I used to have both Paypal IPN and Paypal Express as payment options, but removed Paypal IPN the day before this order was placed. Could this have affected something? Please help...I would like to get paid for this transaction!

-Becky
    Hi I have just recently had the exact same problem from a customer from New Zealand. cc payment is not enable yet the order registered in zen cart! no record of the sale took place with paypal, the only payment method i have is paypal express! did you find a solution to this? I am using the latest versioin of zen cart, cheers Bill

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Click "Remove" on the 'Credit Card" module.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pettrey View Post
    Hi I have just recently had the exact same problem from a customer from New Zealand. cc payment is not enable yet the order registered in zen cart! no record of the sale took place with paypal, the only payment method i have is paypal express! did you find a solution to this? I am using the latest versioin of zen cart, cheers Bill
    I may suggest to check immediately for possibility of a hack job. Just had a hacker getting into things and was trying to use the cc option to retrieve (i mean steal) cc info. They were also trying to add users to the admin. But is also my mistake for not taking all security precautions