Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Attribute Grid

Hi Absolute,

Thanks, I have looked through everything and this was my fault. Somehow the old add to cart details was still on the product_info_display.php, replaced it with your Add to Cart box info and now it works. Merry Christmas!

Barend

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, me again. I have now placed a test order (products were marked as £ 0.00 and walk in collection so no delivery). The order completed successfully, however when I look at the order details, I get this:

1 x Skirt Suit J1111 0% £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 £0.00
    2 x 3 Piece Suit J1129 0% £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 £0.00
    1 x Skirt Suit
    - Colour: J1111 0% £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 £0.00
    2 x Skirt Suit
    - Colour: J1111 0% £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 £0.00
    1 x Skirt Suit
    - Colour:

It completes the order but does not specify the colour the customer ordered. Can you help?

B

Barend

Plugin Contributions

Also, for some reason, on the order confirmation, it does not show the customer, shipping or billing address info, together with not showing the colours of the products added?

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, it could be due to any number of reasons. If all your addresses are missing as well, this may just point to a bigger problem with your store, outside the realms of this module. In order to further advise you on this problem, I would need to see the code and bug-fix from there.

Absolute
    Back, after a 4 year absence! Did you miss me?
    Absolute Web Solutions Ltd
    Interested in our work? Take a look at one of our sites - The Tech Store

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
    If you want to change teh grid to display vertically, just change the sort order of the 2 attributes. If you're only using one attribute, then create a second one which is QTY, in exactly the same way you did for the first version. You can then just change the sort order of these 2 attributes, and hey-presto, horizontal becomes vertical.

Absolute
    Thanks for your contribution and hard work for this excellent addon, Absolute. That being said, there are a variety of problems that pop up when trying to create a single column of product attributes that's oriented vertically. Please note that the issue only arises in this specific scenario (trying to get a single column of attributes with vertical alignment), when using the solution proposed by Absolute in the quote above.

Specifically, a stray radio button pops up for the attribute thats aligned to go across the top. Also, headers for the top of the grid appear multiple times.

I noticed that there are a few users on here that encountered these issues on this support thread and their posts didn't get answered, since I was trying to look for the solution myself. I went ahead and studied the code and was able to correct the issues for the most part.

1. Stray radio button removed.
    2. Multiple headers for the top of the grid removed.
    3. Also formatted the header thats located to the left side to be on the top so that both attribute headers appear along the top of their respective columns.

And here is the fixed attributes.php file: link
    (Note: In case it's not obvious, remove .bak from the file before you use it.)

And here is my zencart store with fixes applied: http://store.purseobsession.com

Please note that the fixes are ONLY for the specific case that you want 1 vertical column and the code output will most likely give you problems if you try to use it on a store that has products with multiple column attribute grids.

Also remember to back up your old files and database as I am not responsible for any errors or problems that pop up due to this fix that I posted.

Hope this helps some folks out.
    Last edited by RoboPhung; 13 Jan 2011 at 11:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Absolute,

Very interested in seeing this application. After several attempts to follow your link the site is still not operational.

Please let me know when it is up.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

i'm new to all this and i've looked but found no real answers - hopefully i haven't missed a post already.

i'm trying to set up a photography site for someone selling prints. the prints are priced on A: their size, and B: the type of paper they're printed on.

combinations of size and paper must be chosen. there is no constant percentage or fixed correlation between the options in terms of price.

currently i have a drop-down box with 20 choices of prices for each photograph and its variant sizes/quality. a bit ungainly.

Can i use two check/ radio boxes to let the customer make the two choices and return a price of the combination?

i believe this is called a 'price matrix' (but i may be wrong)

i'd appreciate suggestions.

many thanks, graham.

using zen: v1.3.9g

Plugin Contributions

@garypoet - Yes you are correct - you are looking for Matrix Pricing, but this is outside of the remit of this module.

@Goldenis - there are a couple of working examples on this thread - look back a couple of pages, and you'll find a few great examples.

Absolute
    Back, after a 4 year absence! Did you miss me?
    Absolute Web Solutions Ltd
    Interested in our work? Take a look at one of our sites - The Tech Store

Plugin Contributions

thanks, absolute. i'll take a look.

in the meantime - i don't want to be a Zen dissenter but... could anyone recommend anything else that might be more what i'm looking for?

i've googled around without much success

(although i'm almost resolved to the multiple drop-down option i have already)

cheers, graham

ps. (unless anyone wants to write some kind of suitable module?! )

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RoboPhung View Post
    1. Stray radio button removed.
    2. Multiple headers for the top of the grid removed.
    3. Also formatted the header thats located to the left side to be on the top so that both attribute headers appear along the top of their respective columns.

And here is the fixed attributes.php file: link
    (Note: In case it's not obvious, remove .bak from the file before you use it.)
    Woo hoo! This has been bugging me for 6+ months. Your fix worked perfectly. Thank you!

I'm still having one more bug - once added to my cart there is still a ' - Qty' entry. What did you do to fix this?

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast