Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Attribute Grid

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfoodie View Post
    Hi,

I've read through this thread but I'm afraid I still need a bit of help.

I have installed this module but can't seem to make it do what I need (my fault I'm sure as I'm still learning Zen Cart).

I have a product, ice cream which has three flavours (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry). I'd like customers to be able to select say 2 pots chocolate, 1 vanilla.

This is where I am currently (module installed)

This is where I'd like to be:

Can anyone help me with:

A aligning the flavour/quantity boxes vertically?

B getting rid of the quantity box above the add to basket?

Detailed explanations would be good, as I say I'm new.

Thanks very much
    Can anyone help with this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
    printchic - when we first created this module, it only worked with 2 fields, which had to be select boxes, or radio fields. The new release now has it's own attribute type, which is the grid, and this allows you to use the module with additional attributes, for example a text field, which is then applied to all products added to the cart from within the grid.

During this update, we did not test with the file upload feature, as it wasn't a requirement for the sponsoring client. It appears that this type of attribute is currently being uploaded as an additional text field, rather than the required file type.

Absolute
    Thanks for the explanation Abosolute

Signed,
    Printchic

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Attribute Grid (need text box for comments)

Hi,

First i want to say thanks for this wonderful addon.

If i use the product attribute grid feature on a product can i also use a "stand-alone" text box to allow input of comments, instructions, etc.

Seems that i can't get any options marked as "text" to show up on the Attribute Controller area for me to select.

I have an option called "comments" and it set to "text" but... when i get to the attribute's controller page "it's not there to be added to a product".

Doesn't matter what i add if it is a text box it doesn't show up.

So that is why i am asking with the grid attributed can i have separate "text" options not associated with qty grid i have setup?

Hope this make sense. I've attached a screen shot to show what i am trying to accomplish

Signed,
    Printchic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to mention;

Store version: 1.3.8a
    Other Script Installed: Imprinted Attribute Controller

Quote Originally Posted by printchic View Post
    Hi,

If i use the product attribute grid feature on a product can i also use a "stand-alone" text box to allow input of comments, instructions, etc.

Seems that i can't get any options marked as "text" to show up on the Attribute Controller area for me to select.

I have an option called "comments" and it set to "text" but... when i get to the attribute's controller page "it's not there to be added to a product".

So that is why i am asking with the grid attributed can i have separate "text" options not associated with qty grid i have setup?

Hope this make sense. I've attached a screen shot to show what i am trying to accomplish

Signed,
    Printchic

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by printchic View Post
    Hi,

Signed,
    Printchic
    Nevermind, i fixed it. Found some code on board to add the "text" option code back into the database. It misteriously disappeared.

Plugin Contributions

So after a bonehead start I FINALLY got my grid to display.. (Reading really is fundamental!)

I am sooooooo loving that this mod has been setup to work SPECIFICALLY with Stock By Attributes.. Whoo hoo!!! I think this will work perfectly for the client I want to use this with..

Only ONE tiny issue..

When I add an available combo to the cart, it doesn't add the item to the cart, and flashes up the "Your Cart Is Empty" message.. I double checked EVERYTHING.. I did a Winmerge of the "tpl_product_info_display.php" to bring over the Tabbed Products Pro code... All LOOKS the way it should, but it's not ACTING the way it should.. HELP!!

Link to example product:
    http://testsite.overthehillweb.com/z...products_id=25

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    So after a bonehead start I FINALLY got my grid to display.. (Reading really is fundamental!)

I am sooooooo loving that this mod has been setup to work SPECIFICALLY with Stock By Attributes.. Whoo hoo!!! I think this will work perfectly for the client I want to use this with..

Only ONE tiny issue..

When I add an available combo to the cart, it doesn't add the item to the cart, and flashes up the "Your Cart Is Empty" message.. I double checked EVERYTHING.. I did a Winmerge of the "tpl_product_info_display.php" to bring over the Tabbed Products Pro code... All LOOKS the way it should, but it's not ACTING the way it should.. HELP!!

Link to example product:
    http://testsite.overthehillweb.com/z...products_id=25
    So I read back through this thread and found the answer.. It appears that this is related to the Sept 23rd Security patch. If you've implemented the Sept 23rd security patch, it will cause this mod to stop working correctly. I applied the fix outlined belwo, and all is now right with the world!!

I wanted to summarize what the issue is for the next person who has this issue... I've also attached an updated version of the security patch which includes the suggested changes to the patch posted by Wilt back in October. After unzipping the attached file, it should be uploaded to /includes/extra_configures/

Wilt's Post: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=83

Quote Originally Posted by wilt View Post
    k,

I installed the attributes grid contribution on a stock 1.3.8 install with the most up to date Security patch file.

It does in fact stop this contribution from adding items to the cart.

The reason is, that the security patch uses a whitelist of characters that are allowed in the to be keys of the products_id array.

The attribute grid contribution uses extended product ids, as keys and these fail the whitelist test.

The fix is fairly simple.

In the security patch, there is a function called.

securityPatchSanitizePostVariableProductsId

and in this is the line

PHP Code:
    if (ereg_replace('[0-9a-zA-z_]'''$key) != ''
    this should be changed to

PHP Code:
    if (ereg_replace('[0-9a-zA-z_:]'''$key) != ''
    We will look to release an updated patch (probably this weekend)

Our apologies for the inconvenience, however we took the position that using a whitelist was more secure than relying on a simple blacklist.
    Keywords:
    Your Shopping Cart is Empty
    Shopping cart empty
    empty shopping cart
    does not add products
    security patch
    nothing added to shopping cart

Plugin Contributions

I am running Stock By Attributes, and unfortunately I am developing this on a localhost system so it is difficult to post up a URL. I will try to put it on a live server so you can all view. Here is my dilemma.

This module is awesome, but I'm attempting to do something a little more complex than the module may allow. I would like to use the grid, however I would like it to display 4 different attributes, say...

Size, Length, Thickness, Height and then the Price and then Quantity Box. So in other words...

SIZE | LENGTH | Thickness | HEIGHT | Price | QTY

All in one row. The Size, Length, Thickness and Height are all produced through the attributes controller, but I want to display them across, similar to a catalog style. I am also running into the issue of getting attributes to repeat, for example...

Size has many different variants, but Length, Thickness and Height are are all the same. So for example it would be...

1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 70 | QTY
    2 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 80 | QTY

My thought is to write a separate SQL query that grabs my Stock By Attributes info, and displays it out, and just rewriting the Grid slightly to display the way that I want.

Does anyone have an suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

I guess I'm trying to understand why you need to create product variants for this quad combo of attributes.. Why create product attributes for values that NEVER change?? It sounds very much like you only need ONE attribute (size)

If the Length, Thickness and Height is the same for ALL sizes, then you would only need to create a single attribute for the size, and then VERY CLEARLY in your product description state that the Length, Thickness and Height for all sizes is the same..
    Quote Originally Posted by mkonchalski View Post
    I am running Stock By Attributes, and unfortunately I am developing this on a localhost system so it is difficult to post up a URL. I will try to put it on a live server so you can all view. Here is my dilemma.

This module is awesome, but I'm attempting to do something a little more complex than the module may allow. I would like to use the grid, however I would like it to display 4 different attributes, say...

Size, Length, Thickness, Height and then the Price and then Quantity Box. So in other words...

All in one row. The Size, Length, Thickness and Height are all produced through the attributes controller, but I want to display them across, similar to a catalog style. I am also running into the issue of getting attributes to repeat, for example...

Size has many different variants, but Length, Thickness and Height are are all the same. So for example it would be...

1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 70 | QTY
    2 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 80 | QTY

My thought is to write a separate SQL query that grabs my Stock By Attributes info, and displays it out, and just rewriting the Grid slightly to display the way that I want.

Does anyone have an suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

For most of the products I do only need on attribute.

For about 10% of my stock there are two changing attributes. The core issue is that I am asking many people who are relatively uneducated to purchase from the online catalog. This means that I need to spell things out for them, as simply as possible, so by displaying all of the attributes at once, with a price and a quantity box and an ADD TO CART button, it makes it very simple for them to just put the order through....

I've been tearing apart the STOCK BY ATTRIBUTES code and slowly getting it to work the right way...very slowly...two full days and counting. Hopefully it will be done today and I'll be able to share it with everyone.

The other aspect was the Attribute Stock Sku. So I modified Stock By Attributes to include a SKU which will print to every product as well.

Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast