Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Product Attribute Grid

The module is designed to set out attributes within a grid format, when 2 dropdown or radio options are available. For example, if an item has both colour and size. The grid is populated with quantity fields, so that a number of products can be added at any time.

This can be seen on our test store, located at http://www.absolute-solutions.co.uk/...products_id=36

Please feel free to contact me with suggestions or updates for the next release,

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Attribute Grid

The module can be downloaded HERE

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Product Attribute Grid

Ok, I've had a few minutes to play with this long awaited module, and have a few questions. But first, I would like to thank you for finally delivering this incredibly useful tool unto us. There are many businesses out there that have not been able to participate in ecommerce, due to the unavailability of such a module.

I could (and will) poke around further when I've got more time, but I figure I should go ahead and post my most obvious questions here to (hopefully) save others time.

1. Is there any way to track the stock of each product combination?
    2. Can we remove individual quantity boxes for unavailable combinations?
    3. Would it be possible for other attributes (a gift-wrapping check box, for example) to co-exist with a PAG product?

#3 is something that I would really like to see work, as without additional attributes, we are losing a great deal of product customization.

Thanks again,
    aka Zach Maier

Plugin Contributions

Wow,thank you thank you. I have installed, looks great and I agree with 01011010 that the below are very important requirements for the module to work on our store too!
    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    1. Is there any way to track the stock of each product combination?
    2. Can we remove individual quantity boxes for unavailable combinations
    Don't get me wrong we will put in onto our store straight away, but I am concerned about the unavailable combos and also the stock levels for warehousing. On our Retail store we have stock by attributes which works great but I am not sure how this would work on the current site with this module. But stock by attributes module still doesn't get around the problem of unavailable combos.

But thank you again, it was very easy to install.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

Just one more thing, I have minimum for each of my products. At the moment only the products without attributes are displaying the min requirements.

Mind you when I have tried to add less than the required minimum that I have set for the product, everything works as expected. It just would be nice to show the min at the time of adding the item to cart rather than giving an error after they have tried to add less than the min.

Thanks again
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

Stock levels for attributes is something that will be introduced in the next couple of Zen releases, according to the roadmap of Zen. In the meantime, there is a module in the downloads section which can be installed to accomplish this task.

These two packages can be installed together, and a little piece of code then used to hide or show the attribute boxes, depending on stock levels.

With the minimum order values, this is all handled through the tpl_product_info_display.php alteration. You would need to change the code on this page as follows:
    Line 108 - 112
    Code:
    /****************************************************/
    	if (zen_not_null($attrib_grid)) {
    	  $the_button = zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_IN_CART, BUTTON_IN_CART_ALT);
        }
    /****************************************************
    Change to
    Code:
        }
        if ($products_qty_box_status == 0 or $products_quantity_order_max== 1) {
            $the_button = zen_get_products_quantity_min_units_display((int)$_GET['products_id']) . '<br />'.$the_button;
        }
    This will then add the minimum qty above the add to cart button.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
    Stock levels for attributes is something that will be introduced in the next couple of Zen releases, according to the roadmap of Zen. In the meantime, there is a module in the downloads section which can be installed to accomplish this task.

These two packages can be installed together, and a little piece of code then used to hide or show the attribute boxes, depending on stock levels.

With the minimum order values, this is all handled through the tpl_product_info_display.php alteration. You would need to change the code on this page as follows:
    Line 108 - 112
    Code:
        }
    Change to
    Code:
        }
        if ($products_qty_box_status == 0 or $products_quantity_order_max== 1) {
            $the_button = zen_get_products_quantity_min_units_display((int)$_GET['products_id']) . '<br />'.$the_button;
        }
    This will then add the minimum qty above the add to cart button.

Absolute
    I tried the above code to show the min qty but it is still not showing up for the add to cart for the attribute grid. What am I doing wrong?

On the other note of the stock I have used the Stock by Attby Attributes by Kuroi but I am unsure what little piece of code is need to hide/show the attribute box depending on stock. Can you give me a hint!
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

Which module is it you have installed? Can you post a link, so I'm looking at the same one?

I'll install it this weekend, and post some code as soon as I have it.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
    Which module is it you have installed? Can you post a link, so I'm looking at the same one?

I'll install it this weekend, and post some code as soon as I have it.

Absolute
    Absolute,

The module in question is here.

I've been playing with it a bit, and apparently you have to add stock for every single combination, one at a time. This would be boatloads of fun on a product with 70 colors and 9 different sizes (630 combinations), especially if you have extra "customization" attributes like me. Multiplying that out by several hundred products puts us at about, oh, some incredibly-scary-won't-even-fit-on-your-average-handheld-calculator number of combinations... Great.

I've got to figure out some way to easily disable the quantity boxes for specific color/size matrices. If you have any advice, please share... I don't need to track stock, just disable the unavailable size/color combinations. Perhaps I can get the Stock by Attributes people to can reduce the aforementioned combinations by a few digits.

Also, what about PAG/other attribute coexistence? Even just having check boxes and text fields would be immensely useful.

Thanks,
    aka Zach Maier

Plugin Contributions

Zach - no matter which way you look at it, if you have 2 attributes, with 9 of one and 70 of the other, you are going to have to turn on or off 630 combintations! Why not just set up stocks of 1000 or none?

Absolute

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast