Default Re: Admin date & time in UK format

Thanks Soba

I will give it a try.

Regards

Phil

Plugin Contributions

I tried it, but it doesn't work for me!

The MySQL patch uploads fine, but when I overwrite the 1.3.8 files with the ones suggested in this download I just end up crashing my site. My site just comes up a blank screen even though the Admin loads fine.
    When I revert to the 1.3.8 core files, the site comes up fine again.

Regards

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Two things, one suggestion and one question:

1) I would always advise users in the UK to have their site hosted in the UK of you are looking to sell in the UK, also I would advise primarily using .co.uk domains in a uk data centre, the jus forward any .com etc to the .co.uk domain.
    This will help your search engine listings in the big G (your data centre will be relevant to your domain) and the server will most likely be set up in such a way as to prevent time/date offset problem from the start.

I imagine that UK users are using US servers because they are incredibly cheap and offer pre-installed Zencart software but I would advise against making this a habit if you are installing ZC regularly.

I don't know if this is relevent for user in other countries, but I would have thought that all of those country based domains are grouped in the Google servers data centres in the same way.

2) Is there a module that alters all dates to the UK format (dd/mm/yyyy), such as date the product was added, advanced search that sort of thing?

I never did get used to US date format, it causes us the same mind conflict as driving on the right! (well, on a much lesser scale, after all anyone from the UK who has driven in mainland Europe will certainly feel very strange making that first right turn into a right hand lane!)

No flames please, this is just a personal observation!

Regards

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Two things, one suggestion and one question:

1) I would always advise users in the UK to have their site hosted in the UK of you are looking to sell in the UK, also I would advise primarily using .co.uk domains in a uk data centre, the just forward any .com etc to the .co.uk domain.
    This will help your search engine listings in the big G (your data centre will be relevant to your domain) and the server will most likely be set up in such a way as to prevent time/date offset problem from the start.

I imagine that UK users are using US servers because they are incredibly cheap and offer pre-installed Zencart software but I would advise against making this a habit if you are installing ZC regularly.

I don't know if this is relevent for user in other countries, but I would have thought that all of those country based domains are grouped in the Google servers data centres in the same way.

2) Is there a module that alters all dates to the UK format (dd/mm/yyyy), such as date the product was added, advanced search that sort of thing?

I never did get used to US date format, it causes us the same mind conflict as driving on the right! (well, on a much lesser scale, after all anyone from the UK who has driven in mainland Europe will certainly feel very strange making that first right turn into a right hand lane!)

No flames please, this is just a personal observation!

Regards

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Since I installed the time zone offset module mentioned in post 12 I'm now experiencing more serious problems.

The module did not work for me so I went to my back-up files and replaced the core files which had been changed in installing the module. All seemed fine. The site seemed to work fine, both in the Admin and in the public domain.

However, when I tested the 'log-in' and 'checkout' facilities, they fail to redirect to the correct page. I've checked that I've re-installed all the files which were overwritten, and I've deleted the MySQL patch installed from the time zone offset module using phpMyAdmin.

Any ideas on what I should do next?

Not sure if I should have posted this as a new thread. Apologies if this post should be somewhere else.

Regards

Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12