Plugin Contributions

red flag paypal express: Get paypal payments but no credit cards

I am getting payments from people that use there paypal account but I am not getting payments form those that are using a credit card. I apparently missed this during testing. There is no indication from the site that there is an error. Nor is there any indication from PayPal. I talked to the folks at PayPal and they say the charges are being denied by the credit card company.

I am using ZenCart 1.3.7.1 with no other apparent problems.

This was quite a shock. Thank you for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal express: Get paypal payments but no credit cards

Quote Originally Posted by MEMS View Post
    I talked to the folks at PayPal and they say the charges are being denied by the credit card company.
    If your customers are using credit cards that are being denied ... then naturally you won't receive payment.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes that is true. However, Zen Cart never indicated that the charges were not accepted.

In addition, 3 out of 3 charges to charge cards that I checked indicated that the charges were denied and I got no payment.

I was hoping this problem had been seen before.

Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes that is true. However, Zen Cart never indicated that the charges were not accepted.

In addition, 3 out of 3 charges to charge cards that I checked indicated that the charges were denied and I got no payment.

I was hoping this problem had been seen before.
    Are you saying that you want to know about every failed credit card transaction that happens on the PayPal site?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No. I don't need to know about failed transactions.

What is happening is that ZenCart tells me I have an order and I fill it but I do not get any money from it because something went wrong.

Plugin Contributions

I talked to the PayPal technical support today. He diagnosed the problem as follows.

He said that some of my customers were not getting all the way through the payment screen. They were getting part way through and then stalling out for some reason. Perhaps they changed there minds, or maybe they did not click the final button. Zen cart interpreted this action as completing an order, even though I got no payment. THis is were the problems was.

He suggested that I use PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Notification). This would give me assurance that the process was complete. I set it up tonight and tested it and it seemed to work. The technical support guy said that that if he had a site he would use IPN just for the reason mentioned above.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The technical support guy said that that if he had a site he would use IPN just for the reason mentioned above.
    Can you PM me his name and/or contact info?