Page 111 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2217
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products Pro (TPP) Contrib - Official Thread

Great mod! It installed with ease and I was able (on the 1st try) to get a new tab inserted by following the readme PDF file.

One thing that I found, however, is that if a product has more than one page of reviews and the user presses the 'Next' link the page returns to the first tab (usually Product Description). When you click on the 'Reviews' tab, it's on the next page of reviews.

Is there a way to get the Reviews/Next to wind up with the Reviews tab open?

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way of using this module without modifying every single product?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bobthemolder View Post
    I have used custom tabs on a product by product basis.. That said, though I've not done this, I suppose you could turn off all the global tabs and use the custom tabs on whatever products you want to use them on..

Plugin Contributions

I have a minor problem with my TPP install - on initial load of the product info page it takes second or two for the javascript to kick in. Meaning that the page loads as it did before TPP was installed and then within a second or two the whole layout of the page changes into the TPP layout. I did think of enabling Gzip compression on the site which might (?) fix the prob... as the browser waits for the whole page to be downloaded then displays it, however I also read up on this and fpund out a few older browsers don't fully support Gzip compression. I noticed in Kurois post Here that he noticed the same problem when this addon was first released... the author then fixed this prob as stated Here
    But unfortunately I'm still having this issue??

BTW I didn't install the CJ Loader module as I didn't fully understand it's purpose.. is this essential?

Is their a way to fix this minor prob?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

If you just want to use the default tabs (description, extra images, reviews, cross sell, we recommend) the answer is YES, you won't have to edit all the products.

But if you want "custom tabs" you will have to edit the product where you want that custom tab.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

About a month ago we installed TPP on our site www.queenib.com and after a bit of a fiddle it looked brilliant. Then sadly we had to move to a different web host which we did in the usual manner of copying the database and all the files to the new server...

but for some season since the move Tabbed Products Pro has not worked.
    I have checked all the files and the only file which appears to be different is the html_header.php so made a back-up of it then I uploaded the version of the html_header.php which came with the contribution... and it made the site go blank!!
    so I restored to the previous version but needless to say TPP will now not work.
    Has anyone an idea why the contribution version of the html_header might make my site go blank rather than enable the tabs?
    OR does anyone know which lines of code in the contribution version of the html_header file can be merged into my current version and where?

Any help muchly appreciated. It's quite a puzzle!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    About a month ago we installed TPP on our site www.queenib.com and after a bit of a fiddle it looked brilliant. Then sadly we had to move to a different web host which we did in the usual manner of copying the database and all the files to the new server...

but for some season since the move Tabbed Products Pro has not worked.
    I have checked all the files and the only file which appears to be different is the html_header.php so made a back-up of it then I uploaded the version of the html_header.php which came with the contribution... and it made the site go blank!!
    so I restored to the previous version but needless to say TPP will now not work.
    Has anyone an idea why the contribution version of the html_header might make my site go blank rather than enable the tabs?
    OR does anyone know which lines of code in the contribution version of the html_header file can be merged into my current version and where?

Any help muchly appreciated. It's quite a puzzle!
    Hard for anyone to say.. There are various mods which change/modify core files.. Only way for you to know what's diffeent is to use a file comparison tool like Winmerge or Beyond Compare and merge the differences..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Hard for anyone to say.. There are various mods which change/modify core files.. Only way for you to know what's diffeent is to use a file comparison tool like Winmerge or Beyond Compare and merge the differences..
    Thank you DivaVocals for your quick response...
    I have compared the files with winmerge and can identify the differences.. the problem is i don't know what they mean or which bits to change as PHP is rather new and alien to me.
    Here is what I discovered:

• The following lines of code are missing from my current version of the file:
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load = $css_files_to_load = array();
    • Code:
      if (file_exists(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'browser.php')) {
          include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'browser.php');
          $browser = new browser();
          $browser_name = strtolower($browser->Name);
          if (($browser_name == 'msie') && $browser->Version <= 6) {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^ie6-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^ie6-/', '.js');
          } if (($browser_name == 'msie') && $browser->Version >= 7) {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^ie7-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^ie7-/', '.js');
          } elseif ($browser_name == 'firefox') {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^ff-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^ff-/', '.js');
          } elseif ($browser_name == 'safari') {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^safari-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^safari-/', '.js');
          } elseif ($browser_name == 'chrome') {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^chrome-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^chrome-/', '.js');
          }
          while(list ($key, $value) = each($directory_array )) {
            $css_files_to_load[$value] = -100;									
          }
          while(list ($key, $value) = each($js_directory_array )) {
          	$js_files_to_load[$value] = -500;				
          }	
        }
    • Code:
      $files = loadCssJsFiles($css_files_to_load, $jscript_files_to_load);
        foreach($files['css'] as $file)
        	if($file['include']) include($file['string']);
        	else echo $file['string'];

foreach($files['js'] as $file)

and the following lines of code are different in each file:
    • line 48 says
      Code:
      echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css') . '/' . $value . '" />'."\n";
      instead of
      Code:
      $css_files_to_load[$value] = -300;
    • line 69 says
      Code:
      if (file_exists($perpagefile)) echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $perpagefile .'" />'."\n";
      instead of
      Code:
       if (file_exists($perpagefile)) $css_files_to_load[trim($value, '/').'.css'] = -200;
    • line 86 says
      Code:
      echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="' .  $template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/' . $value . '"></script>'."\n";
        }
      instead of
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load[$value] = -400;
        }
    • line says
      Code:
      echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="' . $page_directory . '/' . $value . '"></script>' . "\n";
      instead of
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load[$value] = -300;
    • line 106 says
      Code:
       require($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/' . $value); echo "\n";
      instead of
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load[$value] = -200;
    • and line 117 says
      Code:
      require($page_directory . '/' . $value); echo "\n";
      instead of
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load[$value] = -100;

I hope that sheds some light on the problem as I'm baffled.

Plugin Contributions

Honestly I can't go through each one of these changes and tell you what changes to make and which ones to not make.. So I will say this instead.. When I say merge I mean merge.. If it's missing from your file ADD it, if it's different from what's in your file analyze those differences and CHANGE it.. Hopefully you are evaluating each change and have some sense of each the change means as you go through the files.. If you are using a merge program like Winmerge or Beyond Compare it makes seeing these differences and how to merge the files much easier to execute.. If you are not using one of these programs, it will make this entire merging exercise MUCH more difficult for you..

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Thank you DivaVocals for your quick response...
    I have compared the files with winmerge and can identify the differences.. the problem is i don't know what they mean or which bits to change as PHP is rather new and alien to me.
    Here is what I discovered:

• The following lines of code are missing from my current version of the file:
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load = $css_files_to_load = array();
    • Code:
      if (file_exists(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'browser.php')) {
          include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'browser.php');
          $browser = new browser();
          $browser_name = strtolower($browser->Name);
          if (($browser_name == 'msie') && $browser->Version <= 6) {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^ie6-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^ie6-/', '.js');
          } if (($browser_name == 'msie') && $browser->Version >= 7) {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^ie7-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^ie7-/', '.js');
          } elseif ($browser_name == 'firefox') {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^ff-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^ff-/', '.js');
          } elseif ($browser_name == 'safari') {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^safari-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^safari-/', '.js');
          } elseif ($browser_name == 'chrome') {
            $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^chrome-/', '.css');
            $js_directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'js'), '/^chrome-/', '.js');
          }
          while(list ($key, $value) = each($directory_array )) {
            $css_files_to_load[$value] = -100;                                    
          }
          while(list ($key, $value) = each($js_directory_array )) {
              $js_files_to_load[$value] = -500;                
          }    
        }
    • Code:
      $files = loadCssJsFiles($css_files_to_load, $jscript_files_to_load);
        foreach($files['css'] as $file)

foreach($files['js'] as $file)

and the following lines of code are different in each file:
    • line 48 says
      Code:
      echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css') . '/' . $value . '" />'."\n";
      instead of
      Code:
      $css_files_to_load[$value] = -300;
    • line 69 says
      Code:
      if (file_exists($perpagefile)) echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $perpagefile .'" />'."\n";
      instead of
      Code:
       if (file_exists($perpagefile)) $css_files_to_load[trim($value, '/').'.css'] = -200;
    • line 86 says
      Code:
      echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="' .  $template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/' . $value . '"></script>'."\n";
        }
      instead of
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load[$value] = -400;
        }
    • line says
      Code:
      echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="' . $page_directory . '/' . $value . '"></script>' . "\n";
      instead of
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load[$value] = -300;
    • line 106 says
      Code:
       require($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/' . $value); echo "\n";
      instead of
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load[$value] = -200;
    • and line 117 says
      Code:
      require($page_directory . '/' . $value); echo "\n";
      instead of
      Code:
      $jscript_files_to_load[$value] = -100;

I hope that sheds some light on the problem as I'm baffled.
    Last edited by DivaVocals; 17 Feb 2010 at 06:15 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Would it be possible to have attributes on separate tabs?
    Like size on one tab and color on another.

I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8
    Last edited by WebKinetic; 18 Feb 2010 at 02:01 AM.