Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

Download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2264

v3.0.0 (and later) of News Box Manager builds on the previous versions of the plugin, adding the following features for Zen Cart 1.5.6 and later:

1. Enables the creation of up to four (4) different types of 'news', each separately manageable.
      1. Separate admin tools for each type, enables different admin profiles to manage each news type.
      2. An additional tool enables the management of all news types.
      3. Two (2) storefront sideboxes are now provided, enabling different news types to be displayed in different locations.

2. Uses the zc156 admin's bootstrap support for its admin-tool displays.
      1. Adds search and sort controls to the admin-level tools, making it easier to manage your news articles.
      2. Adds controls to the admin's article-listing, enabling you to make a copy of an article and/or to move an article to a different news-type.

3. Changes the storefront news_archive and more_news pages to be all_articles and article, respectively.
      1. Previous pages' header-processing remains to redirect access to those pages (permanently) to their new homes!

4. Watches for admin-level language-addition and -removal actions, adjusting the articles' news-content accordingly.

Additional changes:

1. An article must have non-blank title and content in all the store's languages (previously only one language was required).
      1. On installation, any article found to have a blank title or content in any of the store's languages is disabled.

2. Due to the significant changes to the various language files, the German language files have been removed from the distribution.

Early adopters can view pre-release versions of the plugin's documentation and files on its GitHub repository: https://github.com/lat9/news_box_manager_v3

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: News Box Manager v3.0.0 [Support Thread]

Thank you - I'm going to try this out with the Westminster_New template :-)
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v3.0.1 to the Zen Cart moderators for review and will post back here when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#9: Correct PHP error on 'news_archive' redirect. Already included in the initial v3.0.0 download.
    #10: Correct MySQL error on initial install.

Plugin Contributions

Great, perfecto! Thanks a lot. No, it wasn't partial installation. I had only set of files connected to an old database, just updated the file and uploded those two missing ones, matter of minutes, press the button, and voila. What means "non-blank "News Title" and "News Content" in ALL of your store's languages". Do I obliged to publish news in all of my 3 languages? Hire translator? They are all busy these days reading "Transcript".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v3.0.1 to the Zen Cart moderators for review and will post back here when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#9: Correct PHP error on 'news_archive' redirect. Already included in the initial Zen Cart v3.0.0 download.
    #10: Correct MySQL error on initial install.
    Now available for download (thanks to the Zen Cart moderators for the quick acceptance).

Plugin Contributions

Hi Cindy - I just love this plugin - many thanks for creating it!!

just a couple of things;

1. article title doesn't show as bold (see image below) - on hover it does go blue for link - .css indicates it should be bold - how to adjust?

2. in includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/news_box_manager_defines.php ..... can I replace the BOX_HEADING_NEWS_BOX', 'Latest News' text with an image? I have created the image but not sure how to make it render - tried replacing the text with a link to the image but it wouldn't work for me, likely wrong code.

I also tried adding a row in the stylesheet_news_box_manager.css with a background image in lieu of the above - but again it didn't render
    Code:
    #newsscrollbox ol { margin: 0; padding: 0; list-style-position: inside; }

#moreNewsDefault .news_header { font-weight: bold; padding-right: 0.3em; }
    #moreNewsDefault .newsContent { padding: 0.3em 0; }

#news-table { display: table; border-collapse: collapse; width: 100%; margin: 0.8em 0; }
    .image-row { display: table-row; border: 1px solid #00BFFF; background-image: url(/images/latestnews.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 100%; height: 75px; }
    .news-row { display: table-row; border: 1px solid #00BFFF; }
    .news-heading { font-weight: bold; }
    .news-cell { display: table-cell; padding: 0.5em; border: 1px solid #00BFFF; }
    If you can assist that would be great - if I should be posting this in another thread for assistance then please say so

cheers, Mike

Attachment 18760
    Last edited by shags38; 19 Dec 2019 at 05:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Mike, a link to the site (via PM if you desire) would help me help you for these styling/page-layout type questions.

Plugin Contributions

Mike, a link to the site (via PM if you desire) would help me help you for these styling/page-layout type questions.
    Hi Cindy, thanks for your quick reply - here is the site https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.com.au - ideally adding a blank full length table row above the existing top row, so an integral part of the table, into which the existing heading of 'Latest News' would be placed instead of consuming (more) space on the page and such that an image can be inserted in lieu of the text .... so it makes a single element when loaded on the page, in lieu of 2 lines of text (and resultant 2 rows of white space) plus table. The to view all articles click view all text could be incorporated in the same row block as the article title (this part I have been able to do).
    Maybe to make that result less 'blocky' possibly have top and side borders of the 'new' top row have their own css lines so that the borders could be #FFFFFF

cheers, Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 19 Dec 2019 at 11:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Mike, for the article title showing in bold, try updating the css to include
    Code:
    .news-cell > a:first-child { font-weight: bold; }
    The title is the very first anchor directly present in a news-cell class element.

I'm still looking at the other styling question.

Plugin Contributions

Mike, for the article title showing in bold, try updating the css to include
    Code:
    .news-cell > a:first-child { font-weight: bold; }
    The title is the very first anchor directly present in a news-cell class element.

I'm still looking at the other styling question.
    Many thanks Cindy - worked a treat.
    cheers, Mike

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast