Page 89 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Add Global Tabs - Tabbed Products Pro (TPP) Contrib - Official Thread

Please help :) I have searched for hours and cannot find the answer sorry. I followed instructions on how to add a global tab but it has not worked for me. An error comes up - see here:http://www.yukitokyo.com/index.php?m...&products_id=5

I don't understand php so I am not sure what the problem is

Help would be VERY much appreciated.

My tabbed_products_pro.php file is attached.

System info:
    New install of Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Addons Image Handler, Magic Zoom, Column display
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products Pro (TPP) Contrib - Official Thread

I am using zen cart 1.3.8 and just installed the Tabbed product pro without the cj loader (I do not have php 5.2 running) and when I get everything loaded and connect to my store all I get is a blank screen. I am SURE I've done something wrong but I have verified all of the files have been uploaded properly and the sql has been run but I can't find what I've done wrong. Any help is appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by starry89 View Post
    hi all,

i put this in the product description

<!--%Product Description%-->

all i get is the exact text shown when i go into my site.

the tab is not working. help !
    You need to do it in Source code mode, not with wysiwyg

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Global Tabs - Tabbed Products Pro (TPP) Contrib - Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Please help :) I have searched for hours and cannot find the answer sorry. I followed instructions on how to add a global tab but it has not worked for me. An error comes up - see here:http://www.yukitokyo.com/index.php?m...&products_id=5

I don't understand php so I am not sure what the problem is

Help would be VERY much appreciated.

My tabbed_products_pro.php file is attached.

System info:
    New install of Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Addons Image Handler, Magic Zoom, Column display
    Please does anyone have the answer?

Plugin Contributions

I have installed TPP on Xampp (Windows) and have it working, but when I move it to a webdev server it ceases to function. Does this have something to do with the min folder or how the site's cache is functioing?

FWIW, the Linux web server has had issues in the past with zen-cart web development sites. The ZC webdev site stopped working when the website went from a shared server to dedicated. Then I was able to get a ZC test site working but only by deactivating the SEO Url mod, which works on the live site.

Regardless, I am unsure what is causing the hiccup. The pokey Xampp makes mod compatibility review a bit tedious esp when troubleshooting is required. (Goodbye Lightbox, I already know that's not getting fixed any time soon.) And I'd hate to have go straight from Xampp to the live store... without reviewing it on webdev first.

Plugin Contributions

Speaking of which, I've seen a lot of comments regarding conflict between TPP and Lightbox, but I've either missed or overlooked what is happening in my case:

When TPP gets installed it not only kills Lightbox but it kills all javascript popups, too.

I'm working to get a test site up and running without Lightbox, but if the popups go AWOL upon TPP's installation, I will need a solution. IOW, no need to ponder now, but if someone has had this issue... please share what you recall, thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cartguin View Post
    Speaking of which, I've seen a lot of comments regarding conflict between TPP and Lightbox, but I've either missed or overlooked what is happening in my case:

When TPP gets installed it not only kills Lightbox but it kills all javascript popups, too.

I'm working to get a test site up and running without Lightbox, but if the popups go AWOL upon TPP's installation, I will need a solution. IOW, no need to ponder now, but if someone has had this issue... please share what you recall, thank you.
    Are you talking about Zen's popups (like the shipping calculator) or have you included other popup code in your product descriptions??

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone!

Well I installed everything, ran the sql updates, merged the html_header files and edited a test product by putting the <!--%Custom Information%--> tags in and my product page doesn't show tabs at all.

Did I miss something?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by himmell1234
    I read the instructions you gave to the other gent who was having similar problems with the html_header file.

So I did the same:

opened the html_header in default template
    made the changes
    then saved the modified version to my template folder
    left the orginal html_header in the default template folder unedited.

I still cant see the tabbed descriptions...

is there anything else I can try? I double checked all the other install steps and everything looks ok.
    Did you check that you have it in the right location of your template folder?? If you've correctly made the corrections to the html_header file, then it should work.. Did you use a tool like WinMerge to assist with merging the two files?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Deirdre View Post
    Hi everyone!

Well I installed everything, ran the sql updates, merged the html_header files and edited a test product by putting the <!--%Custom Information%--> tags in and my product page doesn't show tabs at all.

Did I miss something?
    I figured it out. I don't know if this is really how to fix it but I manually added <script language="javascript" src="includes/templates/premium3a/jscript/tpp.js"></script> to the header in the html_header file and it shows up fine.

Also, when I change the css choices in the admin part, the change doesn't reflect. I set the cache to 0 and still nothing. Any ideas?