Page 352 of 506 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Yup, 4 or 5 times.....but when the guy who wrote the mod offers to fix it for you, I would personally take him up on the offer. You can set him up temp access to ftp and your admin and then delete those users when he is done.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    Yup, 4 or 5 times.....but when the guy who wrote the mod offers to fix it for you, I would personally take him up on the offer. You can set him up temp access to ftp and your admin and then delete those users when he is done.
    Thanks, but it hardly seems prudent to give anyone, even less a complete stranger, administrative access to my live store. I assume I must be misunderstanding something here because I'm quite sure that no one would suggest that was a good idea.

By the way there is no evidence whatsoever that there is anything broken on my end that needs to be fixed. I have a clean GoDaddy shared linux hosting account with only one app installed . . . ZenCart. And it works great! There is nothing esoteric or unusual about it.

What directory did you upload the contents of the Module Manager zipped files into?

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

The module manager should have 2 folders in there admin and includes, in ftp drag includes over and it will merge itself into the includes folder. You can do the same with the admin folder, if you admin is named admin, otherwise rename it to match your admin folder name and drag it over. Then go to the module manager page in your admin and it will do the rest.
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post
    Please note that indeed there is a file of size 0 (zero). However, it appears that it is suppose to be size zero since the original zip file for this mod also shows it to have a size of 0.
    That file can be found in the original zip file at: /module_manager/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php
    a copy of that file now resides on my server at:
    /html/module_manager/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php
    where /html/ is my website root directory and is the directory zencart is installed.

My server "file manager" show the directories you mentioned, "adminxxx/includes/module_installation and adminxxx/includes/templates/templates" by which I'm inferring you mean:
    /html/module_manager/adminxxx/includes/module_installation/
    and
    /html/module_manager/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/

to both have permissions set as follows:

Owners permissions: Read Write Execute
    Others permissions: Read Execute

Also, Filezilla (which I use for ftp) shows them as having permissions: drwxr-xr-x

If I am not mistaken the above permissions are consistent with the Octal notation:755.

So all this seems to check out but Module Manager is still DOA.

Any other suggestions for resuscitation are certainly welcome. Thanks again for your efforts.
    Hey barco, thank you. Are you saying that despite the zipped files having a directory structure that includes as its root directory /module_manager/ that in fact the directory structure of the download is incorrect and that it must be pruned by discarding it root directory?

For example, as discussed in my earlier post quoted above, I stored the Module Manager file named tpl_index.php
    that resided in the zipped file with the path of
    /module_manager/admin/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/

into my server at:

/html/module_manager/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php

where /html/ is my website root directory and is the directory zencart is installed and adminxxx is the same character string as names my admin directory.

Are you saying that was the wrong thing to do? And, that instead the file named tpl_index.php belongs in the following directory:
    /html/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php ??????

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Zean, if you are familiar with the way zencart modules are stored, you will see that all the files are in their appropriate folders like this:
    +admin (so that all the folders and files in this folder should be uploaded to your store admin folder. If your admin folder has been renamed to abcxxx then you should upload all the files/folders under the admin folder in the package to abcxx)
    +includes (this is where all the front-end zencart codes are stored. you should upload all the files follow the same rule)

You can SAFELY upload the whole bunch of files when you install Module Manager, it doesnt overwrite anything.

For SSU, as noted in the installation, you can SAFELY upload the whole thing but please note that SSU DOES overwrite 1 file.

Regards
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Zean, don't up load the file module_manager. Open module_manager file and up-load from admin everything else. Humm
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

I have a clean GoDaddy shared linux hosting account with only one app installed . . . ZenCart.
    Hmm, Go Daddy, please read all the caveats DrByte has written about this one.
    Also, you CAN trust yellow into your account; if he offers it, dive into it and forget your troubles.
    After all, you have nothing so important to lose, just a clean install of Zen Cart, which you can eventually backup locally.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ckosloff View Post
    Hmm, Go Daddy, please read all the caveats DrByte has written about this one.
    Also, you CAN trust yellow into your account; if he offers it, dive into it and forget your troubles.
    After all, you have nothing so important to lose, just a clean install of Zen Cart, which you can eventually backup locally.
    I'm not advertising for Go Daddy, but Go Daddy is not the problem I have use their severs for over 3 years now. They have had their issues but Drbyte has made it clear what they were. Zean just is not installing it right.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Hey barco, thank you. Are you saying that despite the zipped files having a directory structure that includes as its root directory /module_manager/ that in fact the directory structure of the download is incorrect and that it must be pruned by discarding it root directory?

For example, as discussed in my earlier post quoted above, I stored the Module Manager file named tpl_index.php
    that resided in the zipped file with the path of

into my server at:

where /html/ is my website root directory and is the directory zencart is installed and adminxxx is the same character string as names my admin directory.

Are you saying that was the wrong thing to do? And, that instead the file named tpl_index.php belongs in the following directory:
    /html/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php ??????

Thanks again
    Who is on first? What we seem to have here is a failure to communicate.

I do respect and appreciate the efforts made by everyone. Unfortunately, in each case I find the response provided either ambiguous or not fully specified or assuming nomenclature that is either idiosyncratic or unfamiliar to me and do not directly answer the questions quoted above. A direct answer would, for example, start with either the word "yes" or "no."

Final Exam

Assuming /html/ is the website root directory.
    Assuming zencart is installed in the root directory.
    Assuming that the zencart admin directory name has been changed from admin to adminxxx (for security reasons).
    Assuming therefore that the following directory structure exists on the server:

/html/
    /html/adminxxx/
    /html/cache/
    /html/docs/
    /html/downloads/
    /html/editors/
    /html/email/
    /html/extras/
    /html/images/
    /html/includes/
    /html/media/
    /html/pub/

Now, assuming that Module Manager is correctly installed:

Question 1.
    What is the explicit location (including the complete directory path) for file named tpl_index.php
    that previously resided in the zipped file with the path of

Question 2.
    What is the explicit location (including the complete directory path) for file named ycustomer.php
    that previously resided in the zipped file with the path of
    /module_manager/includes/classes/

Thank you for your patients.

Plugin Contributions

1) /html/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php

2)/html/includes/classes/ycustomer.php

I checked these in another install and thats where they are.

How can we communicate when you use such big words as ambiguous, idiosyncratic, and nomenclature.....LOL....now where is that dictionary of mine.....
    Mike