Page 452 of 506 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Also I tried resetting Master Categories ID like that troubleshooting article suggested, but it made no difference.

Plugin Contributions

You should try to fix the issue with your admin blank page before trying to checkout what is wrong with the link.

I have checked again and can confirm there is no yclass in the new version of SSU which is available NOT on this zencar website but on eazyecommerce.com

On that specific line (16) of the new version of admin/ssu.php:

$module_installer->set_module('yellow1912_ssu');

I would suggest checking ceon url module if you opt for another module. Unless im mistaken, ultimate seo url has not been worked on for years

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendoparts View Post
    Firstly, thanks heaps for the reply!

According to the link that file was uploaded in Jan this year and I only started this website in March this year. Also I have the original module_manager.zip I installed module manager with and I verified the checksum matches with the latest version. So I'm pretty confident my module manager is the latest.

According to that link my funny looking URL's, eg:

.nintendoparts.com.au/-c-2_5/ds-lite-bottom-lcd-screen-p-2

are due to the use of Easy Populate. I don't even know what Easy Populate is, and I'm pretty sure I've never installed this module.

Could you elaborate on which modules may be better?

Thanks again for your continues support of this module
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

@Nintendoparts:
    For your information, your admin/ssu.php should look like this, otherwise you have old version:

http://github.com/yellow1912/simple-.../admin/ssu.php
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, yellow... your last suggestion nailed it in minutes!

I stepped thru links.php with "die()" to see what I could learn. It turns out my directory separator is "\". That's good, since I'm on a windows box. I also learned that

$_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"] = D:/xampp/htdocs/zenseo/index.php

That's not good, because of the forward slash, the test for an 'index.php' page ALWAYS fails.

As a quick test, I changed that explode statement to use a forward slash ("/") instead of DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, and everything worked perfectly -- friendly URLs and correct pages loading.

Next step is to google until I figure out how to correctly set those env variables.

Thanks yellow - your patience is amazing!

btw, the guy that said SSU never works locally but always works when deployed to a "real" host... this might be what he was seeing!

Plugin Contributions

yellow1912,

I am just learning about SEO so go easy on me please

I have just d/l this and I am going to give it a try.

Besides your wonderful mod...do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I would suggest spending time to write good description for your products, this is something most people dont do (tho it's the easiest and most important step to do)

Apart from that, well I think I will write an article regarding the steps you should take based on my experience

Check back this thread later, I will post a link

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLeopard View Post
    yellow1912,

I am just learning about SEO so go easy on me please

I have just d/l this and I am going to give it a try.

Besides your wonderful mod...do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thank you yellow.

I just replied to Dr. Byte and he mentioned GOOD CONTENT.

I think I will focus on that.

It was my understanding that the links do play an important role. And that's why I was asking.

I see so many little sites get to the top and I just want to one more.

I did start to read through your thread and I will finish it when it gets a little cooler here. It was 112 today...and every place is hot.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    @Nintendoparts:
    For your information, your admin/ssu.php should look like this, otherwise you have old version:

http://github.com/yellow1912/simple-.../admin/ssu.php
    Oh man! I checked the ../admin/ssu.php from my simple_seo_url_3-8-5.zip and it didn't match your example! I did a site restore, re-downloaded the correct file 3.8.5 from eazyecommerce.com, uploaded it and it's working now :)

The .zip available at .zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=1013 is wrong! even though it's called simple_seo_url_3-8-5.zip it's not actually 3.8.5, I suspect it's a much older version as it has an ajax folder in it.

My URL's still look funny eg:

and I still can not get the .html extension on any of my urls or get rid of the categories in the url's, which are the reasons I spent all this time upgrading SSU in the first place. So now I'm back to square one.

edit: actually before I started this SSU upgrade endeavor my URL's didn't have that funny looking category, so I'm actually I little worse of after upgrading SSU. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Nintendoparts; 28 Sep 2010 at 12:21 PM.

Plugin Contributions

You should not use html extension, it was there to support people who switched from other modules, but in fact it doesnt help at all with either seo purpose or user friendly purpose.

Regarding the links, I wondered if you have cleared the SSU cache after you upgraded the new version.

If you clear cache and if that solves the issue, you can try to enable link alias and auto alias to see links without identifiers inside, remember you will also have to clear cache again to see the effect

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    You should not use html extension, it was there to support people who switched from other modules, but in fact it doesnt help at all with either seo purpose or user friendly purpose.

Regarding the links, I wondered if you have cleared the SSU cache after you upgraded the new version.

If you clear cache and if that solves the issue, you can try to enable link alias and auto alias to see links without identifiers inside, remember you will also have to clear cache again to see the effect
    I have changed my settings to:

ID delimiter -
    Name delimiter -
    File extension html
    Set max category level 0
    Set Link Alias Status true
    Set minimum word length 0
    Set maximum name length 0
    Set SSU Status true
    Set Auto Alias Status true
    Set Category Separator /

I reset the cache and it made no difference. I manually deleted all the files in the SSU cache and then reset the cache in in the admin. After that it made my URL's change from:

to

.nintendoparts.com.au/-c-2_5/ds-lite-bottom-lcd-screen

Which is a mild improvement. I'd still like to remove the categories all together. I know .html extension is not necessary, but at this stage I want it almost on principle only. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I just want to work out why this mod isn't working 100%

I've also noticed that often after making changes such as after upgrading, and sometimes for no reason at all SSU turns itself off. Even though Set SSU Status = true in admin I have to re-update the SSU status to true to get it to work again. Strange