Page 345 of 506 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Not sure if this has been answered before but after hours of reading this support thread, I need to ask.

I am using the newest version of Simple SEO URL (listed as MOD61) when I downloaded it two days ago from the Eazy Templates site. ZC is 1.3.8a.

1. I would like to know if and how it is possible to turn off the category number after the category. Example:
    "domain.com/main-category-c-1" to show as "domain.com/main-category"

on the simple-seo-url.com page it states:
    As of version 3.6.0+ SSU can remove all the identifiers and ids from links automatically. It is also capable of creating a well-structured category urls:
    www.example.com/cars/toyota/corrola (cars and toyota are category and sub-category while corrola is the product).

That then also leads to the next question.

2. Right now when I click on a sub-category, it shows as:
    "domain.com/main-category-sub-category-c-1_13" and I want it to show as "domain.com/main-category/sub-category"

3. Then when I click on a product in that sub-category it shows as:
    "domain.com/main-category-sub-category/product" and I want that to show as "domain.com/main-category/sub-category/product" (like the example that is being shown on the SSU website.

4. Is it possible to have html show at the end of a product URL, or only on the other pages like Contact Us, etc.?

My settings in the admin SEO config page are now:

File extension html
    Name delimiter -
    ID delimiter -
    Set max category level 2
    Set Link Alias Status TRUE
    Set minimum word length 0
    Set maximum name length 0
    Set SSU Status TRUE
    Set SSU Multi Language Status FALSE
    Set Auto Alias Status TRUE
    Exclude list: checkout_process,additional_images,main_product_image,advanced_search,checkout_p ayment_address,checkout_shipping_address,fec_confirmation,shopping_cart,advanced _search_result,redirect,popup_image_additional,login,
    Set Query Key's Exclude List:
    zenid,gclid,number_of_uploads,number_of_downloads,action,sort,page,disp_order,fi lter_id,alpha_filter_id,currency

Lastly the simple-seo-url.com site says:
    As of version 3+, SSU allows you to add keywords into any links you want, be it a manufacturer link, an ez-page link, a product review link, or any type of link you want. You can write your own plugin to add keywords into your links.

Can somebody shed some light on that?

Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Unfortunately there is no "real" documentation on configuring this Mod. And it really is a great Mod which has some great features that should be better explained on how to implement them.

Plugin Contributions

It looks like you are missing a few settings there.

The module has a fair amount of documentation:

http://wiki.rubikintegration.com/zen...les/ssu/config
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    It looks like you are missing a few settings there.

The module has a fair amount of documentation:

http://wiki.rubikintegration.com/zen...les/ssu/config
    Yes, that was the first documentation I read when I first installed it. It is very vague. I don't see the answers to my questions. What settings am I missing?

For instance, the two delimiter settings only offer a "-" or a ",". I don't see anything in reference to the items I listed.

What and how do I need to change the settings to achieve my goals requested in the post?

Plugin Contributions

First, like I said, you are missing a few settings there, perhaps you dont have the latest, or perhaps something went wrong in the process?

Also, it is said in the guide:

1. Set Auto Alias Status: when set to true SSU will automatically build “aliases” of your product/category/manufacture/… and hence will remove all the identifiers such as -c-14 from your links.
    2. Set Category Separator: with auto alias mode on, SSU goes 1 step further by allowing you to put a character of your choice between the category names on a link. (i.e: if the separator is '/', honda-accord-c-14_7 → honda/accord)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

First, like I said, you are missing a few settings there, perhaps you dont have the latest, or perhaps something went wrong in the process?

Also, it is said in the guide:

1. Set Auto Alias Status: when set to true SSU will automatically build “aliases” of your product/category/manufacture/… and hence will remove all the identifiers such as -c-14 from your links.
    2. Set Category Separator: with auto alias mode on, SSU goes 1 step further by allowing you to put a character of your choice between the category names on a link. (i.e: if the separator is '/', honda-accord-c-14_7 → honda/accord)
    1. As I listed my settings in the original post, Auto Alias Status is set to True. But it is obviously not removing all the identifiers as you say.

2. Set Category Seperator: was set at "/" and correct, I can change that, but to what? I want it to be "/".

3. Sorry, I didn't list two settings that are actually there (I copy and pasted from another post to save typing all the setting names and didn't realize two where missing).

There is also:

Set Category Separator: /
    Hide defualt language identifier: TRUE

The site is at sandyshores dot net

Would be great if you can take a look and see what I am talking about. Then let me know what I need to do to make it work like the notes on the original post.

Thanks sooooo much!

Plugin Contributions

After you have set auto alias and other settings you have to clear all ssu caches, did you do that?

Plugin Contributions

After you have set auto alias and other settings you have to clear all ssu caches, did you do that?
    Bingo!! That did it. Thanks!

Hi, yellow

Thanks for your help. Now, everything works fine except 2 links on the top navigation bar: 'new nikes' and 'specials'! They are still dynamic links. But these 2 links work fine under 'categories' sidebox. It looks weird.

Would you please visit the link in my signature and point out what wrong with my navigation bar?

Thanks in advanced,

Plugin Contributions

If your links are not converted, and they are not in the exclude list then it means the links were hardcoded into the site template rather than use zen_href_link function to generate the links (which is the correct way to do it)

So you may have to edit that file yourself, or contact the designer who coded it to get help. It's an easy task btw.

Hi, yellow

Thanks for your reply. What you said is really right, it is the mistake from the template. I have just replaced the bad links with the zen_href_link() from tpl_categories.php. Now, everything is ok!

Another question is, when I setup the Paypal IPN return address, which one should I use: "https://www.shoesbuyonline.com/checkout_success" or "https://www.shoesbuyonline.com/index.php?main_page=checkout_process"?

Thanks for your time,