Page 348 of 506 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Thanks I spent quite a while on that.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installation, upgrade, usage docs are located?

Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post
    Yikes! I'm off to a scary start. I downloaded the zip file http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1013
    and opened the Readme.txt file. It states:All the installation, upgrade, usage docs are located at
    http://wiki.rubikintegration.com/zencart/modules/ssu/

However, going to that page produces the following message:"This topic does not exist yet.You've followed a link to a topic that doesn't exist yet.

Any suggestions will certainly be appreciated!
    I hope it is okay that I ask my question again since I didn't get a reply the first time.

I am evaluating if I should install Simple SEO URL and assess the amount of work required.

The first step in discovering the installation procedure is to read the Readme.txt file. However, the Readme.txt file points to a dead link! Either I'm doing something wrong or this is a bad sign.

Thank you for any help, comments or replies.

Hi, yellow

I noticed that within all the pages indexed by google, some are seo url, others are still dynamic ones.

Would you pls tell me why this happened?

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Default This is alpha code ... Use at own risk

It appears that Simple SEO URL will not work unless you first install a mod called Module Manager http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=936 . However, Module Manager says: THIS IS ALPHA CODE ... USE AT OWN RISK .
    So apparently even before I can try to start down the difficult path of installing Simple SEO URL and getting it to work without ruining my zencart, I have to take what is apparently serious but ill-defined risks. What are the risks?

How much time is involved in getting Simple SEO URL working properly? The Readme.txt file in the file downloaded here make the extremely overly optimistic claim that it only takes 15-20 minutes!

Any comments will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Zencart is also a "use at your own risk" software.

Any FREE software is "use at your own risk" Obviously you cant sue us for softwares that you dont pay for.

The module usually takes me 5-10 mins to upload(lots of file there). The sql installation is automatic. There is no manual "edit" except for the .htaccess with the content suggested in yoursite.com/ssu_check.php so it is copye&paste process. Then you just have to go to Admin->SSU configuration to turn on the features you want and then turn on SSU.

Usually it would take more on your first try (you have to read the notes etc). But then if you ever have the chance to install it on the 2nd store it takes less than 20mins (if you have a fast connection like me, 5 mins is all it takes).
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: This is alpha code ... Use at own risk

It appears that Simple SEO URL will not work unless you first install a mod called Module Manager http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=936 . However, Module Manager says: THIS IS ALPHA CODE ... USE AT OWN RISK .
    So apparently even before I can try to start down the difficult path of installing Simple SEO URL and getting it to work without ruining my zencart, I have to take what is apparently serious but ill-defined risks. What are the risks?

How much time is involved in getting Simple SEO URL working properly? The Readme.txt file in the file downloaded here make the extremely overly optimistic claim that it only takes 15-20 minutes!

Hello,

You sound a bit rude in your post. Some one put there time and effort to bring this module to you use for your cart, for free at that. If you don't like how something sounds in there wording then don't use it. No need for sarcasm.

Can you do any better?? If so make it and put it out there.

Depending on how skilled you are it actually on take, at least for me 5 - 10 minutes, including backup of my DB and appropriate files.

Module manager works fine and has not caused any problems on any of my sites. You will also find that the module manager is used with many other modules that you may encounter.
    User of zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesBuyOnline View Post
    Hi, yellow

I noticed that within all the pages indexed by google, some are seo url, others are still dynamic ones.

Would you pls tell me why this happened?

Thanks,
    First you have to make sure that on your site, there are no dynamic links left (mouse over the links to see). If there are still dynamic links, it means you did not use the function zen_href_link to create links in your template (and this should be fixed as this is the correct way to do it).
    Then, give it sometimes. Google and other Search Engines need to take a while to eventually drop the old links and pick up the new links. Even with 301 permanent redirection it does take a while, maybe a few days, sometimes a few weeks.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I hope it is okay that I ask my question again since I didn't get a reply the first time.

I am evaluating if I should install Simple SEO URL and assess the amount of work required.

The first step in discovering the installation procedure is to read the Readme.txt file. However, the Readme.txt file points to a dead link! Either I'm doing something wrong or this is a bad sign.

Thank you for any help, comments or replies.
    The wiki link is always up:
    http://wiki.rubikintegration.com/zen...u/installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Thank you yellow, that looks great. BTW, you may want to consider updating that dead link. Everyone downloading the mod from the zen-cart site and following the directions in your readme.txt file runs into the dead link.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: This is alpha code ... Use at own risk

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post

Yellow1912, you are quite right when you say, "Zencart is also a use at your own risk software." However, I would not be using zen-cart if it were "Alpha Code." Zen-cart is stable. Stable refers to a version of software that is substantially identical to a version that has been through enough real-world testing to reasonably assume there are no significant problems, or at least that any problems are known and documented. The alpha build of the software is the build to the internal software testers, that is, people different from the software engineers, sometimes to the public, but usually internal to the organization or community that develops the software.

Is this software "Alpha code" or is it stable?

Thanks again.