Page 429 of 506 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Apologies if this has been covered before - i've been trawling through pages of responses but no luck.

Basically I have setup aliases for various pages and they work as such in that the aliases bring up the correct pages.

However the actual alias isn't showing in the address bar in the Internet Browser. For example:

If I entered the following URL:

/digital_flyers_a5_170gsms_single.php/ (the alias)

I would get the correct page shown but the entered alias url would change to:

/digital-a5-flyers-printed-1-side-170gsm-silk-p-18546 (the url that the alias refers to)

Any help would be much appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I wonder if you can help as you have in the past...

I recently installed a set of products under a new manufacturer 'label.m' and the seo url system changes the path to '/-c-0/products-name' rather than '/label.m' or whatever. I don't know if the problem is caused by the manufacturers name having a . in it but I tried without to no avail. The path is obviously wrong and there are no products displayed...

I deleted all the cache entries, reset everything and removed all the aliases which had built up, but still this manufacturer url is wrong, have you any ideas as to how I can get this working?

Jim

Plugin Contributions

I should add that I have tried renaming the manufacturer to omit the '.' putting a ' ' space in its place instead but it still didnt work!!

Plugin Contributions

Managed to get it working for this new manufacturer weirdly by changing the delimited for words from '-' to '.' Even though I no longer had the . in the name. Musta cached somewhere!

Cheers anyway...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Do you have this at the top of your robots.txt?
    User-agent: *
    Allow: /
    Sitemap: http://www.your.com/sitemapindex.xml

Do you have SitemapXML (formerly "Google Sitemap") installed, if so have you updated your map. In admin/configuration/Sitemap XML under Use Existing Files have you set that to false so it will update your map each time you add products? This would be the only thing that would cause that. Once Simple Seo is installed Google will start deleting the old urls you had before you installed seo.
    Hi, can I know where can I find the robots.txt? Where is it located?

No, I havent installed SitemapXML. Is it compulsory to install it so that it could work with SSU?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JaniceNG View Post
    Hi, can I know where can I find the robots.txt? Where is it located?

No, I havent installed SitemapXML. Is it compulsory to install it so that it could work with SSU?
    The robots.txt should be in the root on your sever if you have made one. SitemapXML works great with simple seo. You will have to be running the latest version of simple seo which is 3.8.3. If you are not running this version you can get it from here
    The instructions can be found here. You also need to be running the latest Module Manager Rev 18
    After that you can install sitemapxml and that should take care of your problems.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Hi

zen cart 1.3.8a
    php 5.2.5

I installed this mod on a test site first, that is installed in a subfolder, and got it working without any problems.

I installed it on my main site and the sticking point for me is the relative url to use in the htaccess file if my cart is installed in my public_html. I tried using /public_html/ as the relative url and when I click on category links I get 404 pages. I also tried /public_html/mysite/ and /public_html/mysite.com/ and other variations. None have worked. What should I be using?

edit:

I think I may be in the wrong thread as I just realized this thread is for simple seo and I have Ultimate SEO URLs installed but maybe someone could still answer about the correct relative url I should be using
    Last edited by buildingblocks; 24 Mar 2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Plugin Contributions

I have a question with regards to Simple SEO and disk space.

On a zencart 1.3.8a install with Simple SEO v3.8.3 I am seeing that the cache directory is huge. the ssu directory is 43.91 MB in size which is more than double the disk of the rest of the site including all images. This seems crazy to me.

Is this really what I should be expecting or do I need to dig deeper.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by litepockets View Post
    OK, got it... found these two posts when I searched "exclude" as I figured I was either missing something I should exclude or vice versa.

This fixed it :)
    Is there already a fix for it (besides exlude)?In the demo http://demo.rubikintegration.com/ssu/ it works correct.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Everyone,
    Please forgive me if this has been posted already but I have searched for hours with no luck.

The module I am using is the most current version and my cart is version 1.3.8 My php is 5.2

The mod works for my category and sub-category pages but when I get to my product pages I get a blank screen. No 404,nothing. I installed the error debugging utility and no error log was generated.

This is the result of my ssu_check:

Warning Checking includes/configure.php
    Warning Suggested .htaccess content
    Success #### BOF SSU
    Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /store/

# Deny access from .htaccess
    RewriteRule ^\.htaccess$ - [F]

RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?/$1 [E=VAR1:$1,QSA]

#### EOF SSU
    Warning Checking cache write permission

I have used this mod successfully before and I would love to use it here, i think it's great! can anyone direct me to the right...direction to solve this problem?

Thanks, Amy