Page 422 of 506 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Hello,

I just installed SSU and everything has gone quite well. I did have a question, though. I use some internal anchor tags on my site within my FAQ to direct my visitors to a specific answer, like this

https://mysite.com/index.php?main_pa...id=6#moneyback

to go to my answer about my money back guarantee.

The problem is that SSU changes that address to

https://mysite.com/faq

and completely removes the reference to my "#moneyback" anchor.

If I use "https://mysite.com/faq#moneyback" it works, so I suppose I could re-code all my links that reference internal anchors, but I'm wondering if there is some way to get SSU to pass on the internal anchor tags, or if it can't do that, if there is some way to get it to ignore links with the "#" symbol in them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Alex
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a - Database Patch Level: 1.3.8 - PHP Version 5.2.6

Plugin Contributions

@everyone: if you are using the module and having problem, your best bet is to upgrade it, if the upgrade doesn't solve the problem, please post here with the detailed steps to re-produce the issue.

As I posted a while back, I have been re-allocated and life is really busy for me now so I cant help you with installation issue on the forum anymore. But real bugs will always be fixed.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Huhm, I dont think it will take a "link" which contains query string in it. There is a way around but that has its own drawback:

1. In the excluded query list, take out sort and filter id
    2. Now your link will look like this:
    paul-smith/sort/20a/filter_id/44

Now you sure can use that for alias

Regards

yellow1912,

On this post you mentioned there was a drawback but didn't describe what the drawback is?

I am keen to be able to set aliases for my filters. Is this still the only way, if so can you explain the drawback.

Many Thanks
    Phil

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I've installed simple seo url Ver3.8.0. and the latest Module manager, I finally got it to install without errors after reading the instructions :). The problem I'm having is that while the urls are correctly seo'ed in the top url bar, the bottom status bar displays the original no seo urls when I mouse over the links, Please can someone help, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I had my webmaster who I no longer have install the SEO URLs on my site. If I add new products or change titles, should I reset SEO URL CACHE ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rayhunt View Post
    I had my webmaster who I no longer have install the SEO URLs on my site. If I add new products or change titles, should I reset SEO URL CACHE ?
    If you change your categories/products names, or titles you will need to reset the cache to force SSU reload and update the names.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gee38l View Post
    HEy All,

I finally got a round to installing this module and i think i have done it correctly.

Just looking through whos online in the Admin area im noticing address paths like these:

/bmz_cache/zenra-videos-japan-free.html

And

/bmz_cache/little-caprice-download-pictures.html

I had a look in the bmz cache folder but these files dont exist?

What could this mean?
    Anyone?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alpha7 View Post
    Hi
    I've installed simple seo url Ver3.8.0. and the latest Module manager, I finally got it to install without errors after reading the instructions :). The problem I'm having is that while the urls are correctly seo'ed in the top url bar, the bottom status bar displays the original no seo urls when I mouse over the links, Please can someone help, thanks.
    Just an update, I left my pc on overnight with a page from my site open in the browser. When I moved the mouse over the links they displayed on the status bar all correctly seo'd, but when I clicked on a link to another page on the site all the links on the status bar were now non seo links, I'm not sure why this is happening. I have three other sites running simple seo url version 3-5-8 with no problems so I may have to go back to using that version.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Simple SEO URL 3.8.2 with SitemapXML 2.1

Hi

I had an issue both on 3.7.5 and 3.8.2 versions os SSU, I can't generate correct version of product sitemap, it contain original zencart links, no nice SEO url, google is not indexing them. I have Zencart 1.3.8 with SitemapXML 2.1 installed.

Could some one help me?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL 3.8.2 with SitemapXML 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by J-A-J-O View Post
    Hi

I had an issue both on 3.7.5 and 3.8.2 versions os SSU, I can't generate correct version of product sitemap, it contain original zencart links, no nice SEO url, google is not indexing them. I have Zencart 1.3.8 with SitemapXML 2.1 installed.

Could some one help me?
    Hi J-A-J-O

Sounds like the same problem I had with simple seo url Ver3.8.0. with the original zencart links showing in the status bar, I also have SitemapXML 2.1 installed and the original zencart links were listed here also. I resorted to downgrading to simple seo url version 3.5.8 as I already had 3 sites working fine with this version, as soon as I did this the sitemap and all the urls were working ok, so I'll stick with this for now.

To downgrade the simple seo url mod I found I had to first reinitialise module manager, I used this method after a few failed attempts

In Cpanel - phpMyAdmin select the Zencart database
    Select and delete the Table: zen_module_version_tracker

Find the file install.sql in the module manager files directory - \ admin \ includes \ module_installation

In Zen Cart admin under Tools\Install SQL Patches run the SQL query from the install.sql file

Run this sql script to uninstall the database portion of simple seo url

SET @t4=0;
    SELECT (@t4:=configuration_group_id) as t4
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Simple SEO URL';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4;
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS links_aliases;Upload simple seo url version 3-5-8 mod files to server

Module Manager should now see and install seo url version 3-5-8

Hope this helps
    John
    Last edited by alpha7; 19 Feb 2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Removed a spurious character