Page 436 of 506 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

I've got it working on 1.3.9b and everything is fine.
    When I had the blank screen, I contacted them direct and they sorted out my problem, without any fuss.

My problem was I hadn't installed module manager and then everything was ok with this mod.
    I'm using 3.8.3

Nedward

Plugin Contributions

Oooooh DivaVocals!

This is very bad news indeed! I love the CEON URI, installed it yesterday. And I had a wonderful email exchange with Conor, he is a super nice guy and very helpful.

But I have 2 super huge problems that prevent me from using his mod.

The first is the inability to manually add my own URI's in mass. I have thousands of products on several sites that are extremely well ranked. I'd like generate a list of product URLs and then use an EZpop like file to upload legacy URLs to my new site.... this way google will never skip a beat.

After installing it, I did manage to directly add my own URLs into the mySQL table he creates. This means that a script could be written and added to EZpop to allow uploading a ton of product URLs all at once.

The future was looking good, so I decided to play with my other requirement.

The second problem is the inability to automatically generate SEO URLs. If I upload 10's of thousands of products via EZpop, it is not practical to go through each product manually switching on his URL generating php.

I did attempt to do it by directly fiddling with the db... but this does not appear possible because (I think?) a php script must be run in order to activate the "automatic" feature.

And I do know about the Manager he is developing, but it will not be available until July (I think).

Wish I knew PHP. Seems like writing a little script to spider through and activate the auto feature on all product/category would be relatively simple.

I REALLY want to use his mod!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nedward View Post
    I've got it working on 1.3.9b and everything is fine.
    When I had the blank screen, I contacted them direct and they sorted out my problem, without any fuss.

My problem was I hadn't installed module manager and then everything was ok with this mod.
    I'm using 3.8.3

Nedward
    Really??? Wow! I wonder 383 vs 384 makes a difference? Well, you had the same results (white screen).

I guess I will touch base with them. What did they tell you to do to fix the situation?

If you can post the fix here, you will likely help many others!

Plugin Contributions

Here is the conversation I had with Eazy commerce about my ssu problem, maybe it can help somebody.

Hi there, just upgraded from zen cart 1.3.8a to 1.3.9a and re added the
    files for SSU, but now in admin I get a blank page when I click on Extras/
    simple Seo URL Manager.
    SSU is still converting my URLs but I can't access the manager in admin. The
    menu in Configuration is ok, just the one in Extras.
    Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
    Steven

---

On 26/04/2010 03:06, Eazy Ecommerce wrote:
    Dear Steven

Please use Zencart debug tool to see which error is on there. I suspect while upgrading you may have overwritten something, though Im not sure exactly what you overwrote

Regards

Raine

---
    On 4/27/2010 2:06 AM, Steven Wrote....
    Hi Raine, apparently the debug tool is built into 1.3.9a, so I looked in the cache and see a logfile that shows that zencart is trying to load
    includes/classes/module_installer.php
    Can you advise on this?
    I can't see this in the ssu package.
    I'm using SSU 3.8.3

Thanks and Kind regards

Steven

----
    On 27/04/2010 03:43, Eazy Ecommerce wrote: Dear Steven, from the SSU installation note there will a link to download Module Manager which has the file you want

Regards

Raine

-----
    On 4/28/2010 3:52 AM, Steven wrote:
    Hi Raine, I've installed module Manager and now I'm missing ri_template.php
    What now?
    Sorry
    Thanks and Kind regards

Steven

---

I have doubled checked, and the ri_template.php file is in includes/classes/ of the module manager package.

Please make sure you downloaded the newest version and uploaded all the files

Regards

Ken

---

And that was that.
    I downloaded the latest version of module manager, I think it may have been on Eazy ecommerce's website but I can't remember for sure.
    After installing everything was back to working again.

Nedward

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for posting this reply!

Unfortunately this is not my issue. My Mod Manager appears to be installed correctly and working.

Having reviewed my phpDEBUG files, I noticed the callout for:
    /public_html/includes/classes/ri_template.php

This file does not exist on my server. Nor does it exist in the downloaded zip (I unzipped again, still not there).

I wonder if this file is supposed to be created upon installation or if it should have been in the zip at the beginning?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    Having reviewed my phpDEBUG files, I noticed the callout for:
    /public_html/includes/classes/ri_template.php

This file does not exist on my server. Nor does it exist in the downloaded zip (I unzipped again, still not there).

I wonder if this file is supposed to be created upon installation or if it should have been in the zip at the beginning?
    Ok FOUND it!!!! Yahoooo!

If you have followed this thread from the beginning, I mentioned that I abandoned installing the latest version of Mod Manager cuz I could not get it to work.

The problem I experienced was that it kept ask for two version.txt files (or some similar name). In the folders it was looking, there did exist a file of a similar name but dif extension. Example:
    -- looking for FILE.txt
    -- in folder was FILE.xml

Three hours of that and I surrendered.

But now the SSU mod is looking for files from that mod, so I simply put them up there.

Appears to work!!!! My screen went from white to active!!!!

Going to go play with it now.

Plugin Contributions

yay,
    It's been a fight but you got there in the end.

Nedward

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nedward View Post
    yay,
    It's been a fight but you got there in the end.

Nedward
    Yes, finally got it, thanks Nedward.

After going ghetto with the use of those files (snagging the needed files from a version I was not using and just dumping them in), I decided to retrace my steps.

I am most likely not going to use this mod, but for anybody who follows this, here is what I learned....

1. Follow the crooked path and DO find the latest version of Module Manager and Simple SEO URLs.

2. When you install the Module Manager, don't sweat it if the Mod Manager doesn't seem to work
    • Gives no result upon clicking: List All Modules
    • Gives off a bunch of RED errors at the top of the screen complaining about missing files if you click on the other button.

3. Press on like a good soldier, completely ignoring the Mod Mgr and upload your SSU files.

4. Don't forget to edit your .htaccess file.

5. And OOOOOOOH buried in the middle of the instructions (after you have already uploaded your files and overwritten things) there exists the following suggestion: "it's safer to not upload includes/functions/html_output.php".... So instead of uploading that file, just follow the Johny-Come-Lately instructions to edit your already existing file.

6. When everything is said and done and you are pleased with yourself but cannot seem to find the on/off button, just go to the Configuration/Simple SEO URL menu. About half way down is the switch labeled: Set SSU Status. (Hindsight makes that seem so clear!!!)

++++
    For what its worth, this mod does indeed seem to work well. And it is FREE!!

So first, a great big thanks to the authors.

But I will say this, of the 20 or so mod installations (not to count complete installs of ZC), this has been by far the most difficult. Now, some 24 hours later, I could do this install blind folded in about 15 minutes. But going from scratch, it may consume 8 or 10 hours of following zigs and zags and doing the wrong stuff and redoing.... bla bla blaaa.

Have fun and good luck!

Plugin Contributions

my url is set like this:
    http://site.com/category_name/product_name

but the names of my categories and products are very very long, so i want the url display as:
    http://site.com/product_name

is there any way to make it done? thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

i install ssu, the url can be set as
    http:/ /site.com/ Category-c-9/SubCategory-c-9_3/Product-p-20
    or
    http:/ /site.com/SubCategory-c-9_3/Product-p-20

but which i want is :
    http:/ /site.com/Category/product-p-20
    or
    http:/ /site.com/Product-p-20

any ideas ?
    Last edited by bear1728; 20 May 2010 at 08:40 PM.