Page 353 of 506 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    1) /html/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php

2)/html/includes/classes/ycustomer.php

I checked these in another install and thats where they are.

How can we communicate when you use such big words as ambiguous, idiosyncratic, and nomenclature.....LOL....now where is that dictionary of mine.....
    Fantastic! Great! Phantasmagorical!

It's alive, Module Manger has shown up on my Admin Console: admin > Tools > Module Manager. barco57, you get an A++ on the final exam, plus two free tickets to anything you can get a friend to pay for.

I hope this dialog will turn out to be a useful reference for other newbies and noobs like myself.

Geez, its only taken me 4 days of continuous effort starting with this to get to the point where I am almost ready to try to begin installing Simple SEO URL. Thanks again to all!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post
    Hey barco, thank you. Are you saying that despite the zipped files having a directory structure that includes as its root directory /module_manager/ that in fact the directory structure of the download is incorrect and that it must be pruned by discarding it root directory?

For example, as discussed in my earlier post quoted above, I stored the Module Manager file named tpl_index.php
    that resided in the zipped file with the path of
    /module_manager/admin/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/

into my server at:

/html/module_manager/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php

where /html/ is my website root directory and is the directory zencart is installed and adminxxx is the same character string as names my admin directory.

Are you saying that was the wrong thing to do? And, that instead the file named tpl_index.php belongs in the following directory:
    /html/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php ??????

Thanks again
    For the benefit of future newbies, here are the answers I came up with.

Question: Are you saying that despite the zipped files having a directory structure that includes as its root directory /module_manager/ that in fact the directory structure of the download is incorrect and that it must be pruned by discarding its root directory?

Answer: Yes.

Question: Are you saying that the file named tpl_index.php belongs in the following directory:
    /html/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php

Answer: Yes.

For full context you have to start reading the thread beginning July 30.

Plugin Contributions

The zip file is just a holder for the module manager folder and shouldn't considered part of the mod for path purposes, and the module manager folder is a holder for the actual mod folders and files and as such also shouldn't be consider as part of the mod for path purposes. Most mods are put together like this, create your mod folders and files stick them in a single folder normally named for the mod and then zip the whole thing up to make it quicker to download. Looking in a mods main folder is akin to looking in the store root.....Is that a good explanation?
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Zean, if you are familiar with the way zencart modules are stored, you will see that all the files are in their appropriate folders like this:
    +admin (so that all the folders and files in this folder should be uploaded to your store admin folder. If your admin folder has been renamed to abcxxx then you should upload all the files/folders under the admin folder in the package to abcxx)
    +includes (this is where all the front-end zencart codes are stored. you should upload all the files follow the same rule)

You can SAFELY upload the whole bunch of files when you install Module Manager, it doesnt overwrite anything.

For SSU, as noted in the installation, you can SAFELY upload the whole thing but please note that SSU DOES overwrite 1 file.

Regards
    Is the 1 file that SSU DOES overwrite named /.htaccess ?
    My zencart is installed in my root directory and I do not currently have an .htaccess file in it. So, if that is the file that is overwritten, it would seem to be a non-issue in my case. Is that true?
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    The zip file is just a holder for the module manager folder and shouldn't considered part of the mod for path purposes, and the module manager folder is a holder for the actual mod folders and files and as such also shouldn't be consider as part of the mod for path purposes. Most mods are put together like this, create your mod folders and files stick them in a single folder normally named for the mod and then zip the whole thing up to make it quicker to download. Looking in a mods main folder is akin to looking in the store root.....Is that a good explanation?
    Yes, it is an excellent explanation that generalizes from the specific and concrete case of my more concise answer of "Yes," above. BTW, I have only installed one other mod, the "Editable Sidebox." It only took me a few minutes, not 4 days! The difference between Module Manager and Editable Sidebox are the instructions contained in their respective readme files. I was able to install Editable Sidebox without asking the community a single question. The instructions for this Module Manager says, "Upload all files and folders to the correspnding locations," which if you read it carefully says nothing. I'm not negatively criticizing the author, but merely suggesting that there is an opportunity to broaden the market for this mod by putting a little more effort into the instructions so that they can communicate to those of us that have yet to achieve the loftier zen levels of understanding and mind reading abilities.

Plugin Contributions

Default Post installation

Post Installation instructions say to view the result at http://yoursite/ssu_check.php to check if anything is wrong with the current settings. Below is the result obtained. However, I have no idea whatsoever if this means everything is great or something is wrong. If anyone can interpret this it will be a great help. Thanks again to yellow and the rest of the community.

Warning Checking includes/configure.php
    Warning Suggested .htaccess content
    Success #### BOF SSU Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / # Deny access from .htaccess RewriteRule ^\.htaccess$ - [F] RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?/$1 [E=VAR1:$1,QSA] #### EOF SSU
    Warning Checking cache write permission

Plugin Contributions

Default "SSU on-off" switch

Installation instructions say:
    Enable SSU

As of beta 2.5, you can turn SSU on-off, and it's off by default, so you need to turn it on in admin. That's it.
    However, I have not found the "SSU on-off" switch in the admin console. Where is it?

Plugin Contributions

Default database paches

2. Visit admin→extras→ssu manager (you should see notice saying that the database patches have been applied)
    I see nothing there mentioning database patches. However, perhaps it should be noted (I don't know if it is important) that I Visited admin→extras→ssu manager after all of the installation instructions were complied with (including surfing to http://yoursite/ssu_check.php). Please also note: In Module Manager I clicked on "Install New Module" even though the instructions never mention that should be done. Was I correct to do that?

Also Module Manager produced a full page of output reporting the number of statements processed and then the "Upgraded database to patch level #", where # ranged from 0 thru 16.

It concluded with: "Found and attempted to install 1 new modules"

Does this mean all is good?

Plugin Contributions

Is the 1 file that SSU DOES overwrite named /.htaccess ?
    My zencart is installed in my root directory and I do not currently have an .htaccess file in it. So, if that is the file that is overwritten, it would seem to be a non-issue in my case. Is that true?
    Thanks.
    If you do not have and .htaccess file in your root to over write then you don't have anything to combine. Your are in good shape.

Post Installation instructions say to view the result at http://yoursite/ssu_check.php to check if anything is wrong with the current settings. Below is the result obtained. However, I have no idea whatsoever if this means everything is great or something is wrong. If anyone can interpret this it will be a great help. Thanks again to yellow and the rest of the community.
    Looks good

I see nothing there mentioning database patches. However, perhaps it should be noted (I don't know if it is important) that I Visited admin→extras→ssu manager after all of the installation instructions were complied with (including surfing to http://yoursite/ssu_check.php). Please also note: In Module Manager I clicked on "Install New Module" even though the instructions never mention that should be done. Was I correct to do that?

Also Module Manager produced a full page of output reporting the number of statements processed and then the "Upgraded database to patch level #", where # ranged from 0 thru 16.

It concluded with: "Found and attempted to install 1 new modules"

Does this mean all is good?
    Yes their are 2 ways to install the patches, you can Visit admin→extras→ssu manager or you go can to Module Manager then clicked on "Install New Module"

After the patches have been installed then go to admin/configuration/simple_seo_url and turn SSU on-off
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

The easiest way is to just visit Simple Seo Url under Extras, all patches automatically applied. Module Manager will be automatically installed as well if necessary.

Regards

Raine

PS: After that, you should see configuration menu for ssu under configuration->ssu settings
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me