Page 433 of 506 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Anyone? For any of the issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by litepockets View Post
    So recently I have added several categories (and products of course), I cleared and updated cache, but I can't seem to get some of the URLS to form correctly. In webmaster tools I am getting redirect errors such as: (adult content):
    Prb #1:
    http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/index/############/unsorted-############/12-inch-veined-double-dong/anal-toys/beads-balls/anal-love-beads-pink?sort=20a&action=buy_now

Notice the /index/ in the URL. The action=buy_now I believe I may have corrected, we'll see. Also, I should point out that both bold categories above are parent cats, so..???

Prb #2
    Categories are also duplicating themselves within the URLs:
    http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/index/fetish-and-fantasy-clothing/unsorted-fetish-clothing/bra-with-chain/fetish-and-fantasy-clothing/school-girl/2-pc-alley-school-girl-black-tie-top-pleated-skirt-black-plaid-s?sort=20a&action=buy_now

OK, so those are all the redirect errors, not onto the HTTP errors:

Prb #3
    http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/2...ame-tags?page=gag-gifts-parties-and-novelties-bachelorette-parties-c-67_267&action=sort

The above is URL shows the parent cat and subcat strung together, and has 20a (the sort default), as a "directory". Other similar URLs even have page as a directory..

Perhaps the most confusing of all of this is that I cannot find any internal links on my site at all! For example, for a particular product I see a link as http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/a...ittering-probe but in google webmaster tools, the error is showing http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/2...=sort&sort=20a

So, naturally, one could only assume that some excludes are messed up, but I cannot spot them. sort & page were just added to the regular exclude list on a wimb for troubleshooting, but were in query excludes since I installed SSU.

Here is the current exclude list in my ssu config:
    advanced_search_result,redirect,popup_image_additional,page,download,wordpress,p roduct_reviews_write,popup_image,search_in_description,advanced_search,shopping_ cart,sort,page

Then the query excludes:
    zenid,gclid,action,sort,page,disp_order,filter_id,alpha_filter_id,search_in_desc ription,advanced_search,shopping_cart,max_display,number_of_uploads,number_of_do wnloads,currency,keyword

Prb #4
    Last but not least... I cannot get 1 stupid category to work correctly.. The category was changed from "Vibrating ###### Toys" to "Vibrators". The cache was cleared and updated, but alas, domain.com/store/vibrators would result in a 404, it would only work when using domain.com/store/vibrators-c-78. BUT, domain.com/store/vibrators/product-name or domain.com/store/vibrators/subcat-name would work!? So I'm still stumped on this one.. Not to mention google is still crawling "vibrating-######-toys" (in addition to) "vibrators"..

One last note, yesterday I used the ssucheck.php file to peek at any possible errors in my .htaccess file, and noticed the trailing / on /store was not there, so I added that. Maybe that will get rid of problem 1, for the /index/ part of it anyways?

PLEASE.. any help? ZC & SSU have been kickin' my booty lately.

site = cupidsbedroom.com/store
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Quote Originally Posted by securit View Post
    I have a question with regards to Simple SEO and disk space.

On a zencart 1.3.8a install with Simple SEO v3.8.3 I am seeing that the cache directory is huge. the ssu directory is 43.91 MB in size which is more than double the disk of the rest of the site including all images. This seems crazy to me.

Is this really what I should be expecting or do I need to dig deeper.
    I am having this issue with a client now. her cache folder is 1.6GB! HELP!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Infinite loops

Quote Originally Posted by istilah View Post
    Zen 1.38A
    SSU 3.8.3

Like VicAvendano, I am experiencing infinite loops when using a "+" in url query parameters like:
    http://www..myshop.com/?keyword=bamb...ts_add_product.

You get to such page like this when after a search you directly put things into your cart.

It only happens when there are 2 or more keywords. Use 1 keyword and there is no problem.
    It only happens when SSU is on. Turning SSU off and the problem is gone.

So I believe this is a SSU issue, and related to the "+" sign in the string.

Anyone knows how to solve this? I tried to put keyword in the query exclude list, to no success.

Ronald
    Add advanced_search to the Exlcude list. (This is in addition to advanced_search_result). Each page is activated depending on whether the search is found or not.

This is just a fix for the search, but not a fix for the "+" sign encoding. I rolled back to an older version of ssu; I had a query parameter for email campaign tracking that ended up freezing the page request.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by litepockets View Post
    So recently I have added several categories (and products of course), I cleared and updated cache, but I can't seem to get some of the URLS to form correctly. In webmaster tools I am getting redirect errors such as: (adult content):
    Prb #1:
    http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/index/############/unsorted-############/12-inch-veined-double-dong/anal-toys/beads-balls/anal-love-beads-pink?sort=20a&action=buy_now

Notice the /index/ in the URL. The action=buy_now I believe I may have corrected, we'll see. Also, I should point out that both bold categories above are parent cats, so..???

Prb #2
    Categories are also duplicating themselves within the URLs:
    http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/index/fetish-and-fantasy-clothing/unsorted-fetish-clothing/bra-with-chain/fetish-and-fantasy-clothing/school-girl/2-pc-alley-school-girl-black-tie-top-pleated-skirt-black-plaid-s?sort=20a&action=buy_now

OK, so those are all the redirect errors, not onto the HTTP errors:

Prb #3
    http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/2...ame-tags?page=gag-gifts-parties-and-novelties-bachelorette-parties-c-67_267&action=sort

The above is URL shows the parent cat and subcat strung together, and has 20a (the sort default), as a "directory". Other similar URLs even have page as a directory..

Perhaps the most confusing of all of this is that I cannot find any internal links on my site at all! For example, for a particular product I see a link as http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/a...ittering-probe but in google webmaster tools, the error is showing http://www.cupidsbedroom.com/store/2...=sort&sort=20a

So, naturally, one could only assume that some excludes are messed up, but I cannot spot them. sort & page were just added to the regular exclude list on a wimb for troubleshooting, but were in query excludes since I installed SSU.

Here is the current exclude list in my ssu config:
    advanced_search_result,redirect,popup_image_additional,page,download,wordpress,p roduct_reviews_write,popup_image,search_in_description,advanced_search,shopping_ cart,sort,page

Then the query excludes:
    zenid,gclid,action,sort,page,disp_order,filter_id,alpha_filter_id,search_in_desc ription,advanced_search,shopping_cart,max_display,number_of_uploads,number_of_do wnloads,currency,keyword

Prb #4
    Last but not least... I cannot get 1 stupid category to work correctly.. The category was changed from "Vibrating ###### Toys" to "Vibrators". The cache was cleared and updated, but alas, domain.com/store/vibrators would result in a 404, it would only work when using domain.com/store/vibrators-c-78. BUT, domain.com/store/vibrators/product-name or domain.com/store/vibrators/subcat-name would work!? So I'm still stumped on this one.. Not to mention google is still crawling "vibrating-######-toys" (in addition to) "vibrators"..

One last note, yesterday I used the ssucheck.php file to peek at any possible errors in my .htaccess file, and noticed the trailing / on /store was not there, so I added that. Maybe that will get rid of problem 1, for the /index/ part of it anyways?

PLEASE.. any help? ZC & SSU have been kickin' my booty lately.

site = cupidsbedroom.com/store
    I had that problem before, what I ended up doing was removing the Add to Cart button from the product listing pages, this was what caused the error in webmasters central. That should "fix" problems #1 and #2.

For #3, I had a similar problem, what fixed was clearing the cache under extras>simple seo url manager, and then MANUALLY deleting the aliases by checking the values in Manage Aliases and then removing them. Hope that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Vic, I tried your second solution on the 16th and it *appears* to have solved the problem. All too often g-webmaster tool is about 2 days behind. Haven't checked for errors yet this morning. As for the add to cart button. I just put rel="nofollow" on them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

nope, urls with domain.com/store/index/....../sort/20a/page/ are still somehow being generated and crawled by gbot.. It's like all of my page exclude and query exclude lists are being ignored..

Plugin Contributions

They might not be generated. You need to crawl the site with Xenu LinkSleuth, or similar, to be sure about that.

If the URL is already indexed by Google (by indexed, I simply mean they have put an entry like 'yoursite.com/somepage' in their database) and the URL still returns a "200 OK" status, then they will continue to request that URL from your site forever.

Once the URL is requested, and content has been served with "200 OK" status, they will continue to index the content found at that URL and show it in their search results.

You can force them to delete the reference to the URL and stop requesting it, and remove the data from their SERPs, if you change the site configuration to instead return either "404 Not Found" or "410 Gone" status when the URL is requested, or else return a 301 redirect to a different URL.

Fixes always have two parts: stop linking to the URLs you don't want used, and force those URLs to return the correct status codes when requested.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I really appreciate the input. To m knowledge the crazy URLs have never been indexed, google is just crawling or trying to follow is probably better wording. Thus creating what they label as redirect errors. No "linked from" page is available though, so I can't even tell how the robot is requesting these pages..

Quote Originally Posted by g1smd View Post
    They might not be generated. You need to crawl the site with Xenu LinkSleuth, or similar, to be sure about that.

If the URL is already indexed by Google (by indexed, I simply mean they have put an entry like 'yoursite.com/somepage' in their database) and the URL still returns a "200 OK" status, then they will continue to request that URL from your site forever.

Once the URL is requested, and content has been served with "200 OK" status, they will continue to index the content found at that URL and show it in their search results.

You can force them to delete the reference to the URL and stop requesting it, and remove the data from their SERPs, if you change the site configuration to instead return either "404 Not Found" or "410 Gone" status when the URL is requested, or else return a 301 redirect to a different URL.

Fixes always have two parts: stop linking to the URLs you don't want used, and force those URLs to return the correct status codes when requested.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

<QUOTE>Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by securit
    I have a question with regards to Simple SEO and disk space.

On a zencart 1.3.8a install with Simple SEO v3.8.3 I am seeing that the cache directory is huge. the ssu directory is 43.91 MB in size which is more than double the disk of the rest of the site including all images. This seems crazy to me.

Is this really what I should be expecting or do I need to dig deeper.

I am having this issue with a client now. her cache folder is 1.6GB! HELP!
    </QUOTE>
    Sorry, I've had absolutely 0 response to this issue.

I'm about to redeploy on the 1.3.9a release of Zencart minus this contribution as I've had so many problems with it.
    Last edited by securit; 21 Apr 2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: didnt really refer back to previous post.

Plugin Contributions

OK, so i reset the cache and had to physically delete it from file manager as it is so large. 10,000+ products over 200+ cats. Now the product URLS work and are auto-aliased perfectly (we'll see if google agrees), BUT the categories are not getting aliased. SSU status is set to true, auto alias is on, and alias status is on.