Page 62 of 506 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

KNOWN ISSUE WITH PAYPAL IPN:
    It is a known issue that SSU does not play well with paypal ipn without some tweaks:

There is a number of things needed to be checked:
    1.Make sure you set uo your paypal ipn correctly:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal
    Also, since you are using SSU, you may want to change the link site.com/index.php?main_page=checkout_process (mentioned in the article above) to site.com/checkout_process
    2. First, was Paypal IPN working fine before installing SSU?
    3. Make sure you use the most recent version of SSU
    3. Make sure you updated all the patches for paypal ipn (especially if you are on version prior to 1.3.8)
    5. Check if you are using CURL proxy, you may need to turn it off.
    6. Check if you entered your email correctly in paypal setting (the paypal email you use in zc admin has to be exactly the same with the one you have on your paypal profile, and it is CASE SENSITIVE)
    7. Check if you entered the correct PDT token, you need to copy the whole string from Paypal, sometimes the string can start with some weird characters.
    8. No luck?

a. Turn on the debug log by:
    1. Ensure you are using Zen Cart v1.3.7 or newer, and any published PayPal patches are installed.
    2. Go to Admin->Modules->Payment ... and choose your PayPal module (either IPN or Express Checkout, Payments Pro, etc). Click Edit.
    3. Choose "Log to File" for your debug option.
    4. Use your FTP program to mark the /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs folder writable (ie: chmod 777). If given a "recursive" option, select "no". If asked about altering files "and" folders, say "no".

b create a new file:
    /includes/extra_datafiles/ipn_debug_on.php
    with this content:
    <?php define('IPN_EXTRA_DEBUG_DETAILS', 'All');

Place a test order, post the debug info here.

It is recommended that you use Paypal Express or Payment Pro since Paypal IPN is really buggy even without SSU (search Zencart forum for Paypal IPN and be amazed)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

A testing version is now available for those who want to test on your local host, you can see the demo here:
    http://demo.rubikintegration.com/zencart/

It addresses several issues:
    1. SSU may not work properly in some cases with extension set to something other than blank.
    2. SSU did not address linked products properly, for example you have 1 product belongs to 2 categories, then there should be 2 links depending on the cases.

An example:
    Code:
    http://demo.rubikintegration.com/zencart/big-linked-c-22/blade-runner-director-cut-linked-p-5

http://demo.rubikintegration.com/zencart/dvd-movies-science-fiction-c-3_11/blade-runner-director-cut-linked-p-5
    Both links above point to the same product. In the old version, SSU will redirect the first link to the 2nd one, this behavior is not desired. This new version addresses such issue.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    @ckosloff
    What do you see in admin-configuration-ssu url?
    Try to clean cache manually
    This is what is in there:

ID delimiter -
    Name delimiter -
    File extension
    Set max category level 2
    Exclude list advanced_search_result
    Set Link Alias Status false
    Set minimum word length 0
    Set maximum name length 0

How do I clean cache manually?

Plugin Contributions

You will find it in /cache/ssu

Regards

Plugin Contributions

You will find it in /cache/ssu

Regards
    OK, yellow, found it, thanks, so it had nothing to do with the browser's cache.
    Now, there is a lot of stuff there folders, .htaccess, index.php, etc.
    What should I delete?
    Please elaborate.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ckosloff View Post
    OK, yellow, found it, thanks, so it had nothing to do with the browser's cache.
    Now, there is a lot of stuff there folders, .htaccess, index.php, etc.
    What should I delete?
    Please elaborate.
    Oh okie, so when I said clean cache, I caused you to misunderstand it for clearing browser cache. I am so sorry.

Anyway, I assume you dont know that SSU can clean cache by going to admin-extras-ssu manager and select to clean cache?

Plugin Contributions

Oh okie, so when I said clean cache, I caused you to misunderstand it for clearing browser cache. I am so sorry.
    Anyway, I assume you dont know that SSU can clean cache by going to admin-extras-ssu manager and select to clean cache?
    Hey, yellow, that worked.
    No, I didn't know all that, just starting to familiarize myself with this app.
    Anyway will go to your site and test the new version with the on-off feature, before going live.
    Great support.

Plugin Contributions

A testing version is now available for those who want to test on your local host
    So I upgraded to new version posted here, everything seems to be working fine.
    Just one remark, in the upgrade instructions you say to go admin --> extras --> ssu manager, that only clears cache.
    The path should be admin --> tools --> module manager to upgrade database, if I am not mistaken.

Plugin Contributions

Me again, sorry for repetitive posting.
    I am testing further the contrib, and did find an error.
    If you go to my site you will see that all products have lots of color attributes.
    It would be impossible for me to publish all colors full size, so I use a contrib called "Attribute pop-up (large images)".
    Now, this doesn't work with SSU, I am positive because I get the images in the popup back when turning SSU off in Admin.
    Sorry, but cannot load this contrib yet on the live site until I make sure that it won't cause any disruption.
    If you would I can post a snapshot of error.
    One more thing: in module manager, the contrib still shows as beta 2.5, even after updating database.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

First post, but long time follower...

I installed Simple SEO about a week ago and it's been working perfectly - great mod! I also use Paypal IPN and have not had any trouble.

However, I did notice that my Adwords tracking has suddenly gone to 0. My Google analytics are still working fine, but the tracking of Adwords inside Google Analytics is now missing.

I'm wondering if this may have something to do with the gclid= ID tag from Adwords that may be getting messed up somehow...

I also have the Google Analytics mod installed.

Here's our website: www.craftaroo.com

If anyone else has had any problems or found a resolution I'd really appreciate your help.

Note: this is not a major problem. Adwords clicks are still getting through to the correct pages and everything else is working perfectly. Just wondering why Google Analytics has lost the tracking of Adwords impressions and clicks...

Thanks!
    Chris