Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Data base upgrade

Hi I just upgraded zencart from 1.3.2 to 1.3.8. I'm getting a "Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels." but I just checked my server info and its

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    v1.3.8 [2008-01-18 13:55:42] (Fresh Installation)
    v1.3.8 [2008-01-18 13:55:42] (Fresh Installation)

Am I up to date and why do I have two versions of 1.3.8 on my server?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Data base upgrade

I just went into zc_install and see if there are any patches needed. It doesn't look like I need any. This is the message I get

Database Information -- Upgrade Sniffer predicts: *** No upgrade required ***

But the other thing is that it shows Database Table-Prefix = zen_ . I checked my table names in the new database and they don't have that prefix. What gives? I still need help with the original problem for the error message for the database patch.

Plugin Contributions

Did you figure anything out? I am getting the same error. I was using 1.3.7 and just did a clean install of 1.3.8.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by IFEELFROOSH View Post
    But the other thing is that it shows Database Table-Prefix = zen_ . I checked my table names in the new database and they don't have that prefix. What gives? I still need help with the original problem for the error message for the database patch.
    If your configure.php files contain database information that's pointing to the wrong database or wrong prefix then naturally you'll be getting unexpected results. Remember, there are two configure.php files involved: store and admin.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I just started fresh with a new upgrade. Everything is fine. A few things I noticed that I might have missed the first time around and after reading some more threads regarding upgrades :

- when doing the database upgrade I did one version at a time i.e. do one checkbox at at time until its fully upgraded from 1.3.2 to 1.3.8
    - make sure the database prefix is correct

Thanks to lots of informational posts by Dr Byte.

Plugin Contributions

I upgrade my zencart from 1.2.x to 1.3.8a
    and get the same error result "Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels."

I check the server info and it show up that my Zencart is 1.3.8a and database patch is 1.3.5
    what should I do?

I dont want to loose my database because already running, so please anyone can help here?

Plugin Contributions

Back up your db, then run the upgrade again, choose to upgrade db only. You should lose nothing.

Again, back up first.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

application error Re: Data base upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Back up your db, then run the upgrade again, choose to upgrade db only. You should lose nothing.

Again, back up first.
    I too have the same problem, I back-up my database and installed the Zen cart update using cPanel from my hosting package. I then re-applied my BD back.

The trouble is, doing a server side upgrade there is no option to Update again. Is there a 'manual' way to patch the DB??

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Same here...
    I upgraded from 1.3.5 to 1.3.8a using Fantastico and now my database is stuck on 1.3.5

Any way to update the database WITHOUT doing another install?

Ok, It's taken me most of the Day But, i'm back up and running.
    Here's what I did and a possible simple way to update the database without a complete re-install... for those of us with cPanel/Fantastico update.

1, Downloaded old Shop to Hard Drive, for backup
    2, Made a backup of SQL Database
    3, Installed a NEW Zen Cart in to a temp folder (ie Shop2) using cPanel
    4, Renamed downloaded backed up SQL file to read the same name as new BD file. ie zc1.sql.gz to zc2.sql.gz and uploaded it to apply old data to new database.

Of course that made the new Shop install start reporting database patch required.

To fix this I downloaded the Full install of Zen cart to my computer and then copied the zc-install folder in to my new Shop directory (shop2) Then it was just a case of running the update again....

Important note: DO NOT INSTALL, All you need to do is run the Update database!!! and in my case (Very old install) this update Database needed to run 3 times - as it only seemed to update one version at a time.

Fianlly, I renamed the old shop folder (Host side) to old_*** and simply renamed the new install to match what the old one was called. Then after a small edit of the config files to point to the new location - I was done!!

Now, after going through all this I realised that 'MAYBE' all I need to do was simply copy the newly downloaded 'zc_install' folder up to my FTP site and run the update Database option.... I'm guessing and maybe someone with more knowledge could verify that.

Oh yeah, one other thing... I copied across my templates and my custon edits in the Design page editor.

Anyway, I hope this helps some, if not all out...

...and like everyone says "BACK UP FIRST"
    Last edited by dmwizzard; 6 Jan 2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast