Plugin Contributions

Default AustPost Letter rates not working - always $52

I'm using the new improved AustPost module, which on the whole works superbly compared to the old module. For letter rates however, I cannot get it to generate sensible results.

Here's what I did:
    1. Created a small product. Used the new dimensions boxes in the add product screen to set them to:
    - Product weight: 0.040
    - Product height: 5
    - Product length: 10
    - Product width: 0.10
    (i.e. well within AustPosts letter requirements for a DL envelope: (220 x 110 mm, <50g and <5mm thick)

2. configured the AustPost module as follows:
    - Dispatch code: 2000 (i.e. Sydney CBD e.g. Darling Harbour)
    - Letters enabled: True
    - Handling fee: letter size: $2
    - Store weight: Kilos
    - Default parcel dimensions: 29,25,2.5 (but these are overridden for the product i created)

3. Configured my store settings with Tare of 0:0 for small and large packages to eliminate this as a factor.

4. When I estimate shipping on the product I created, I get a letter rate option of $52 going to a postcode of 2036 - still within Sydney. Adjusting the dimensions of the products within the range of Australia Post's limits seems to make no difference at all. The AustPost website says this should be $0.50 (plus the $2 handling of course).

Am I doing something really stupid here? Anyone who has configured letter rates correctly and can tell me what is going on here and how I can fix it would be much much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AustPost Letter rates not working - always $52

G'day brianosc,

> 4. When I estimate shipping on the product I created, I get a letter rate option of $52
    > going to a postcode of 2036 - still within Sydney.

That does seem a little excessive, but I'm sure it gives you a great profit margin <grin>

> Adjusting the dimensions of the products within the range of Australia Post's limits seems
    > to make no difference at all. The AustPost website says this should be
    > $0.50 (plus the $2 handling of course).

> Am I doing something really stupid here?

No, it is nothing that you are doing (or not doing). I don't know if anyone else has also discovered this bug or not, but you are the first to report it.

Anyway, if you haven't already noticed, the problem is now fixed (or should be). You should now be getting a valid $2.50 quote (consisting of $0.50 postage plus $2.00 handling).

The problem was because the server was missing a ".", so rather than charging 50cents for a letter, it was charging $50 (plus the handling).

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AustPost Letter rates not working - always $52

That's brilliant - Thank you. Everything is working fine now!