Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 with just demo products

I used a one click installer which installed 1.37 version of Zencart. I haven't made any changes to the store yet (other than installing a module or two) so the products are just the demo ones that come with ZC... What's the easiest way to upgrade to 1.38, I have my store installed into the root directory if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

brent
    @
    mimoymima.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 with just demo products

You could simply upload the new files overtop of the old files, and run the zc_install/index.php from your browser, and do a new install.
    You might want to look at the /docs/changelog-1-3-8.html file to see what files should be deleted from the server too.

You can get the existing database username/password/etc info from your existing /includes/configure.php file, for use during installation.

This process will delete the existing demo products ... wipes the database clean. You can choose to install the demo products again during the new install.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the quick reply, I think I understand the process. I tried going to http://www.myposprinter.com/includes/configure.php in a browser (my store is installed in the root of myposprinter.com) and I got a forbidden 403 error. I chmodded the file to 777 and I still get the error. Any reason this would happen?

Plugin Contributions

ah nevermind, I thought the php file generated a page of information to be seen as a webpage (kind of like when you run a php test file) I see it's just hard coded info in the file. Thanks for your help. I'm going to give it a shot.