Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Drop Shipping Purchase Orders Module for v1.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by cropinstop View Post
    Just a minute..

Not a lawyer, and maybe I do not understand how contributions on this site work, but seems to me if the author of a contribution has a paid version of a feature that adds functionality beyond the free version, I don't think people can/should be reproducing the functionality and posting it for free in the downloads section...
    Well, first off, since it interacts with zencart code and zencart is covered under the GPL the commercial version is open source and covered under the GPL regardless of what the author may want to license it under, and the code can be modified and freely distributed without any legal issues. The only possible thing that someone can do in this situation is to copyright the readme files to prevent people from distributing the installation instructions.

Secondly, I never asked someone with the commercial version to post anything. I was asking if anyone has modified their version to send the POs automatically. Whether or not someone wants to post their commercial version is up to them, but that's not what I was asking for. But there is nothing wrong with someone posting code from the commercial version if they want to.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Wilkesy - You can do some of this with this mod, but not everything. With v4 and 4.5 you could individualize the purchase order so that some suppliers got your address instead of the customers. With v3, you could click on the review/edit box and you could edit the purchase order to include your address instead of your customers (a little more work, but it would still do the job). And, any version will group all products from the same order into one purchase order. However, if you had several orders that would go to the same supplier, each order would have its own purchase order. Unfortunately, there is no way around this at the current time unless you edit the code.

cropinstop - The pdf packing list would be easy, you'd just need to change that one letter. The purchase order itself would take some coding. If you'd like I could do it for you for a small fee. PM me if you are interested.

lankeeyankee and cropinstop - If anyone wants to add enhancements to this mod and release it, I have no problem with that. Please remember that I am not the original author of this mod. I have spent a significant amount of time enhancing this mod, but version one I had nothing to do with. I decided to start charging after version 3 because all the enhancements after v3 didn't help me at all - other than the alternating colors for orders, I love that! But that was a small change! :), they were simply features others had requested.

Just finished version 5! There are some great new enhancements in this version. Most of the features in this version allow more customizations for different subcontractors. With v4, you could customize a PO, but your customizations were limited in certain ways. This version adds new ways to customize POs. The biggest change was the addition of a system to automatically change any text in an email AFTER the tags have been processed. This allows you to modify things like shipping types to shipping codes, your model numbers to manufacturer models numbers, etc... In addition, almost everything is subcontractor customizable now, including email titles, attachment file names, and text file mime types. I've also added several new tags that make address customization possible -- this will be great for those who have different address formats or those who need different parts of the shipping address in different cells of a tab-delimited text file attachment. The full changelog is below. See the manual in the link in my signature for more info. If you've already purchased v4 or v4.5 the update is free. Just login to your account and redownload your previous purchase.

V5.0 CHANGELOG
    1) Added the ability to change text from any email or text file attachment. This can be done for individual subcontractors or for all subcontractors. You can also specify whether to do this for both the email body+subject and the text file attachment or just one of them.
    2) Added optional custom email titles for different subcontractors.
    3) Added optional custom packing list attachment filename and text file attachment filename for different subcontractors.
    4) Added custom mime types for text file attachments. Can be done for all subcontractors or for individual subcontractors.
    5) All tags, except for product specific tags, will work in any section of the email or text file attachment now, including the product section. Note: Email title tags are still limited. See manual for more info.
    6) Added {shipping_method} tag to limited email title tags.
    7) Added several new tags which give you the ability to break the addresses down into smaller sections like state name, state abbreviation, zip code, street address, etc...
    8) Fixed problem with custom text file names not working.
    9) Now compatible with PHP4 because it uses html_entity_decode instead of htmlspecialchars_decode.
    10) Various code improvements and tweaks.

Plugin Contributions

I have been using the drop ship for a while now and just now its starting to damage the pdf files when they are sent:

The permissions are correct -- if I resend the PO about the 5th time it works?

Disk space is ok.

Any ideas?

That's very strange. Try opening the files directly from your admin folder. They will still be there after the email is sent. This could rule out a problem with your email. If it is a problem with your email, you'll probably need to contact your server and see if they've done anything to their email system that could cause problems with attachments.

The other thing you could try is re-uploading the fpdf files. They are in admin/fpdf. You can copy them directly from the zip file you got for the mod or get them at fpdf.org

Plugin Contributions

Hello, Just installed this module. How do I add/change the email address for the dropshipper which the module sends out?

Thanks

You'll find it under Extras -> POs Edit Subcontractors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you :-)

Plugin Contributions

Great mod.

I just installed the 3.12 to try it for a while - How do I use the "PO - change shipping from"?

Lets say I want "freeoptions" - mine reads "Free Shipping"

to be "Cheapest"

Thanks
    Erez

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone! I have a problem. Im using version 3.12 and our drop shipper is wanting the PO sent in XML format to there ftp site? Is there anyway this can be done?

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast