Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Index Listing Items Appear Twice after upgrading

Upgraded to 1.3.8a and now all the options on the Index Listing section appear twice and so do what they control. For example right now Upcoming products appear twice on the home page. I can set one to appear at sort order 1 and one to appear at sort order 4 and they will do that. If I set the sort order to be the same on any two Indexes they appear twice in the shop next to each other.

Can't find anything in the forums about this, though I'll bet there is something there.

I'd love to know how to do a phrase search on the forums. A good chunk of my aggravation with (expected) bugs is having to wade through so many forum topics, looking for answers, because there is no weighting of keywords and (I can't fine) a way to search by phrase. Is there?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Index Listing Items Appear Twice

Put up your site URL so we can see what's happening.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I've already tweeked it so the odd stuff does not appear on the home page, but I've turned it back on again so you can see: www.movingventures.org/boutique/theshop

I've also attached a screen shot of the Index Listing page (before I modified it to show the duplicate listings).

What is also odd is that some of the original New Stuff for January items were old products that were supposed to deactivated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Bump. Anyone? I'm finally do a major overhaul of this boutique and would like the index page to not show two duplicate listings of featured products. Must be something to do with the fact that the admin -> Featured Listings options all show up twice.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, figured it out. For some reason, during the various upgrades process, the configuration table had developed duplicate records. Went through it with a fine tooth comb and removed them and now it is all working fine.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Index Listing Items Appear Twice after upgrading

Hi.

I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8a and Easy Populate 1.2.5.4. I am seeing duplicate products and cannot find where to see the actual product database that would show the duplicates.

I deleted my category and re-uploaded, refreshed, rebooted, looked in the MySql tables and saw no changes, checked the Zen Cart folders and could not find any products, and the duplicates remain.

I see that ptoly was able to delete products by going through the "configuration table." However, I am unable to see anywhere a table that shows the products uploaded with Easy Populate. I cannot find the actual files anywhere.

I searched Google and this forum for "duplicate products" in Zen Cart. I see that this discussion is dated January and March 2008, and at that time ptoly had not found a discussion of the topic.

I think the problem started because I first downloaded my products in an oscommerce spreadsheet which did not leave space for some of the Zen Cart data such as "specials" and did not see the products so I assumed it didn't take (too ignorant to scroll down to see the "upload results" at the bottom of the page).

On the second, successful, download I used the Zen Cart spreadsheet structure, and at that time found the upload results at the bottom of the upload page, which I should have checked for the first time. So, the two downloads must be the original source of the duplicates problem.

I do not know why it didn't resolve after deleting my category that was created by the upload. I need to know where to look for the actual product listing that will let me see and delete the duplicates. Absent a response, I will continue to look in this forum for some clue, as time permits. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

You might check the Known Bugs fo rv1.3.8:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=697924
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Linda,

Thanks for the suggestion. The "known bugs" looks like a valuable resource. I find no references to my duplicates problem, though.

On thinking it through, the duplicates are only appearing in the rotating featured items display. Inconsistently, not all featured items appear as duplicates.

I'll probably start over with a restore of my backed up database and add products again from scratch with Easy Populate.

However, in the pursuit of Zen Cart competence, I will save the glitched database and post here if a solution comes my way.

notageek

Plugin Contributions

Changes on rebooting:

Yesterday only some of the rotating featured items were showing in duplicate.

Today, the subcategory names in the center of the page are showing in duplicate. I suppose if they were turned on in the sidebox they would also be duplicate there.

I am still looking for the configuration file to see the products themselves and possibly delete the duplicates manually.

This is on an offline WAMP server, for learning purposes. Maybe someone can benefit besides myself from any clues as to how to troubleshoot this problem. It's not urgent, just a matter of learning how to fix this, should it occur when I go live. Thanks.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

If you are getting duplicates on subcategories and products ... it is starting to sound like either bad data or changes in code ...

One test is to switch to Classic Template to see if it is a template issue ...

Another test is to setup a test site with the original code and a test database with a copy of your database to see if the same thing happens ...

If not, then it is something in the code with either the template or something customized ...

If so, then it is something in the data that is bad ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast