Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question show correrct index.html

I have installed Zen-Cart 1.3.8a and it is working ok (so far). The problem I have is getting the index page to show when going to the url www.xxxx.com and not having to enter www.xxxx.com/store. How do I get this to work correctly?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: show correrct index.html

Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: show correrct index.html

I cannot see how this will fix my problem. Following this thread only tells me to change the place where session s files are kept, /srv/www/htdocs/store/cache

What I need to do is get the index.html to show when accessing the site from www.xxx.com and not www.xxxx.com/store

Plugin Contributions

What are you talking about? That thread tells you how to move your ZC folder, you will need to move all files and folders inside your current "store" folder up 1 level (to document roo), so that your store can be accessed at site.com instead of site.com/store
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

That has not worked...

I moved all files and folders from the store folder up one level and changed the configure.php files as directed but I still do not get the store front. What I am getting is the apache test page 'It Works'

Plugin Contributions

A link to your site would be helpful.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Sorry but the site is not available from the internet at the moment until I set up port forwarding from the router which I don't really wish to do until I get the shop working properly.

This shop is being built on what will be the live web server once it is completed.

Plugin Contributions

Try to go directly to yoursite/index.php see if that pulls up the cart.

Plugin Contributions

Yes it does.

Plugin Contributions

Find in your document root folder(the folder the cart is in now), see if you find anything like index.html or index.htm, delete that. Now you should be able to access the cart as you wish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast