help question My PayPal Double Charges Shipping

I'm currently using v1.3.7.1, which I installed in November. In December, I added PayPal to my payment options, and everything worked just fine.

Yesterday I noticed that PayPal was overcharging my customers by recharging the shipping fee. It would also add a shipping fee to digital downloads. On top of that, my admin doesn't show any records purchases made with PayPal.

I did several test purchase using PayPal. Everything is fine until I submit my order. When I'm redirected to the PayPal login page, PayPal includes an additional shipping charge. After completing the test purchase, I'm redirected back to the checkout success page on my site. However, there are no records of the purchase in the customer account or in admin.

I have since disabled the PayPal module until I figure out what's going on. Everything was working perfectly until yesterday, so the problem just popped up. I didn't make any changes in my admin or in my PayPal account, so I'm at a lost all of this.

My site is http://www.cobraplant.com. Any suggestions as to where the glitch may be?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Double Charges Shipping

yuo need to turn shipping OFF in paypal.com

they cart charges shipping, then paypal is probably set to charge shipping as well

Default Re: PayPal Double Charges Shipping

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I noticed that there was another thread regarding the double charge. I'm in my PayPal account right now, but for the life of me, I don't know where to turn off the shipping. I've gone to my Profile, and under the heading Selling Preferences, I click Shipping Preferences, but I don't see a specific setting to turn off the shipping. I've also gone into Website Payment Preferences, and I'm not seeing where I could turn off shipping.

Is this also why it is not recording the purchases? Again, this started happening yesterday, and I don't recall going into my PayPal profile recently. Could you point to me where in PayPal I need to go to turn off the shipping? Thanks.

Default Re: My PayPal Double Charges Shipping

Merlin,

Apparently PayPal recently updated their systems, which caused the double charges in shipping. There is no button or selection to turn off shipping. What users will need to do if this occurs is go into Shipping Calculations and delete all calculation methods. When PayPal migrated my account to their new system, they inadvertently created a default shipping calculation. It wasn't obvious on how to turn it off since I didn't create it in the first place.

To turn off shipping, users will need to delete any shipping calculations that may have been created when PayPal updates their system.

This, by the way, also fixed the other issue of not having records of a sale. I did a test purchase, and everything works perfectly as before.

PayPal is also doing another update tonight!